Chapter 8: Success at last!

~(Y/N)'s POV~

We all made it to the dinning room. Coran had set out plates of space goo on the table for all of us. The paladins and I all take a seat, "Ahoy, young Paladins! I've whipped up a big batch of focusing food. After this meal, you'll be forming Voltron six times a movement and twice on the astral conflux!" I wasn't entirely sure what the ginger man had just said, but I smiled anyway. "Smells great, Coran. Thanks." Shiro smiled as well. Before the paladins could begin to enjoy their meal, Coran pulled out a small remote and push a button.

The paladins were now handcuffed together on each arm. I laughed a little at their state, none of them seemed pleased."Hold the phone!" Lance yelled. Coran placed a hand on his hip and looked at the paladins,"I saw a lot of solid individual performances today, but you're still struggling to work as a team. So, welcome to the final bonding exercise of the day." Hunk attempts to free himself from Lance and Shiro with no luck, "Coran, I want you to think about what you're doing." 

  "Oh, this one's a classic. You get to feed each other, like a pack of Yalmors!" Coran sounded rather pleased. Pidge, Keith, Hunk and Lance did not look pleased, and poor Shiro just looked done with everything right about now. I look at my friends with sympathy as they tried to feed each other. Hunk tries, but Lance accidentally flings his goo,"Ow!" Lance apologized and Hunk tried again, but this time he ended up Lance's fingers in his mouth instead. Lance complained a bit. He was then pulled over Hunk causing Keith's hand to end up in the blue paladins food.

"Oh, nice. You defiled my food goo!" Lance spoke. Keith looked back at Lance,"It's your fault! This is ridiculous." I looked at the boy in red for a moment before hearing Allura groan in frustration."Do Earthlings ever stop complaining?" Shiro turned to the princess, he really did not look pleased,"Can't you just give us a break? Everyone's been working really hard today." Keith stood up from his seat,"Yeah! We're not some prisoners for you to toy with, like... like..." Lance raise his arm and finished the sentence, "Like a bunch of toy prisoners!" Keith looked back down at Lance,"Yes! Thank you, Lance!" I looked at the princess. "Allura. I understand that Voltron's mission is important, but the paladins are only human they need their rest. Over doing it won't work. So, stop think of them as if their tools that won't break and start looking at them like people." 

"—You do not yell at the Princess!" Coran said looking at us all. Pidge rolled her eyes,"Oh, the Princess of what? We're the only ones out here and she's no Princess of ours!" All though the way it was said was harsh, I can understand where Pidge is coming from. Allura stands up and flings goo at Pidge's face.Go loose, Pidge!" Keith grabbed his plate and flung it at the princess. only to have Coran block it with a cloth of some kind before fling goo at all of the Paladins and myself. Hunk shook off the goo and looked at the Alteans,"Oh, it's on now." The next thing I know, a peaceful meal turned into all out war. Food goo flew everywhere and hit everyone.

Allura sits down and the paladins laugh. I look at my friends and smile, this proves it... They can work together."Enough! Do you see what you're doing?!" I looked a Allura a little starttled by her voice, The paladins doing the same, "You're finally working together as one!" Allura looks up and smiles at everyone, Keith and Lance glance at each other."Hey, she's right!" Keith called. Lance smiled a little,"I actually don't hate you right now."

  "You guys thinking what I'm thinking?" Hunk asked."Let's go form Voltron!" Shiro answered. "Yeah!" the team cheered. Hunk shrugged a little,"Actually, I was thinking dessert. But, yeah! Let's do it!" Hunk raises arms and cheers, causing the team to fall. I couldn't help but burst out laughing at my friends situation. Coran released the cuffs on the paladins and we all clean ourselves up before heading back to the bridge. I looked a Keith for a moment and smiled as the doors to the elevator thing closed. This everyone, including Hunk successfully make it out in their lions. The paladins all confirm they're ready and they begin to fly.

I watch in awe as our band of misfit paladins mange to form Voltron."I told you I could get them to do it. They just needed a common enemy." Allura smiles a little. Coran crosses his arms,"It's true. Like the old proverb says, 'A man can be driven to do anything, if a beautiful woman is just really, really mean to him.'" I chuckle a little, "True, women can be scary." Allura frowned a little at our comments. After that, the Paladins return to the castle. I head up to the living room area to see them all there recounting their success. I watch as Hunk pulls Lance and Keith in to a hug."I just want you to know that I realized when we were in , we're brothers, man. You know? Like, we're totally connected. No secrets, no barriers, no nothing. Brothers all the way. I love you guys." I saw Keith smile a little bit,"G-forces mess with your head a little bit?" 

"Yeah, maybe a little. I-I don't know. It's been a tough few days." Hunk rubs the back of his neck. "You guys did great out there. Who knew the key to saving the universe would be a food fight against royalty?" Lance jumped a little at my sudden appearance, "Would you stop doing that?!" I smirked, "Nope. You should be more observant." I sat down by Pidge, "But again. You all did amazing out there today. I think the universe is in good hands with you guys." I smiled as my friends. The paladins all begin to head to bed, but me and Pidge stay seated."Going to bed, Pidge? (Y/N)?" I shock my head a little. Pidge looked up at Shiro,"In a minute."

Shiro smiles a little,"Good work today. We're really coming together." My brother leaves the room and Pidge pulls out a photo of her and her brothers. I look at it then at the green Paladins frown. Turning back to the picture, my eyes land on Jordan. "They're alive..." My fist clenched slightly as Pidge turned to me, her eyes a little teary, "Matt, Sam, Jordan...Izaya... They all have to be alive and out there somewhere." Pidge lunched herself at me and I wrapped my arms protectively around her. "We'll find them Katie... I swear to you we will... and in the morning I tell you what happened and how I was caught, okay?"

She nodded her head. I smiled a little, "I promise everything is going to be okay."