Chapter 26: Crash and Burn

~(Y/N)'s POV~ 

I wasn't sure how long I had been on my own for now. It's so hard to tell time in space. I sat there in the pod, remembering why I hated traveling alone so much out here. There was nothing to do but think, thinking lead to memories and memories lead to regrets at the moment. I thought about my friends and their face as I left and I hated it, but I couldn't go back now.

I closed my eyes and sighed. trying to clear my mind of all the depressing and regret filled thoughts that clouded it. I was almost completely at ease when my ship shuttered. My eyes widen as I looked forwarded. three or four Galra fighters had begun to fire at my ship. "Shit!" I speed the ship as fast as it could go, but a pod was really great for out running a ship made for deep space combat. I looked for a way to get out of this situation. The only thing I could see was an asteroid belt.

I thought about my options. Dive into the asteroids that could kill me or stay in the open with Galra who will kill. Figured the asteroids were my best bet at staying alive. So, into the flying space rocks I went. Hoping to whatever gods I knew to not let me die. I'm way to young to die... and I'm pretty sure the Paladins are going to want the honors next time I see them. I felt another blast hit my ship and groaned. I focused on the rocks ahead of me. 

A few tight turns and close calls later, only one Galra fighter remained and my Ship felt like it was ready to give up. "Come on..." I breathed, pushing it just a little more. I saw a planet ahead, the perfect place to rest up for a bit and make repairs, but first to deal with this problem. Taking a deep breath I summoned Kage to my side. "Can you take care of that guy for me?" The black wolf nodded before disappearing into the shadows. Next moment I watch the Galra ship explode and Kage reappeared beside me. I coughed, a small amount of blood now covered my head. Kage whimpered and brushed his head against my leg. I smiled, "Guess I haven't recovered completely. Thanks for the help but you probably should stick around to much longer." He looked disappointed but faded away, leaving me alone again.

I looked back in front of me, my eyes going wide, "Shit!" I tried to dodge the asteroid that I had failed to notice. However, the damn space rock took out part of the ship. I no longer had full control on the pod and began to hurtle towards the planet that lay ahead. All I could do was try and keep it straight. As the surface of the planet grew closer, I closed my eyes, the faces of my friends and family coming to mind. I could only hope I'd somehow survive and help would be waiting...

Then came the impact. From a moment I felt pain erupt throughout my body. I felt heat from where the ship had caught alight and I watched with fading vision as a figure approached me, then the world went black.