Side Story: Meeting Kiren, Kage and Akarui.

~(Y/N)'s POV~

We had just received a mission, there was someone with information on Galra activity who was willing to meet with us. Izaya and I were on our way to a pretty much abandoned planet to meet with the contact. "You think this ones a trap?" My brother asked. I shrugged, "Maybe. Who knows? We'll just have to keep our guard up and be prepared to defend ourselves." My brother nodded.

It didn't take us long to arrive. We stood around, waiting for the person to show. However they never did, instead we got several Galra troops. I sighed as I raised my hands above my head. "Could we not do this guys? I really don't feel like fighting..." None of them stood down. They parted as a female Galra walked through the crowd. I glared at her, pulling Izaya behind me. The woman smirked, "Ah, if it isn't my favourite sons. Come home, your father is worried about you both." I laughed, a deadly aura surrounding me, "Like hell. I'm not letting you take us back. We rather die."

The woman, who was my step-mother, sighed, "Very well. If that is what you wish." She turned to her troops, "Fire!" They did as instructed. All of the Galra troops opened fire on us. I turned around, grabbing Izaya's wrist and run. I didn't know where I was going, what we'd find or if we'd even survive, but I followed my instincts. Eventually we ran into a problem. In front of us was a massive riven. "(N/N) what do we do?!" My brother asked in a panic. I looked at his face, he was scared, my grip on his wrist tightened. I hear the Galra getting closer, it was only a matter of time before we were found and taken. Finally I looked down at the riven and took a deep breath, "We have to jump..."

"W-What?!" My brother asked, I looked at him and smiled, "You need to trust me. We can't let them catch us." I placed a gentle kiss on his forehead, Izaya took a shaky breath, "O-Okay." I held out my hand, he grabbed it like it was his lifeline and we jumped. I pulled Izaya close to me, trying to protect him from everything around us. Then everything went dark, My consciousness slipping from reality.

I didn't know how much time pasted but eventually, I opened my eyes once again. The first thing I saw was Izaya leaning over me, eyes closed and tears falling on my cheek. I reached up and wiped them away, a smile on my lips. My brother's eyes opened in shock. "What's with the tears?" My voice was rough and my throat hurt. I tried to sit up but hissed as everything erupted in pain. "Don't get up so fast idiot... You could have died..." I messed up his hair, "Sorry, Iza. Didn't mean to scare you."

I looked around. We appeared to be in a cave of some sort, I looked at my brother, "Where are we?" He shrugged, "I don't know, but I found something." He stood up and offered me his hand. I through my arm over his shoulder as he showed me what he had found. "Wow..." I was speechless. I front of me was a boy with hair like a midnight sky, pale skin and violet marks under his closed eyes. He was in a weird pod thing. I stepped away from my brother a closer to the pod, I stopped when I heard growling. Two wolf like creature walked out from behind the pod. I took a step back, but I wasn't scared of them.

I knelt down and held out my hand, Izaya doing the same. Both wolves looked at our hand suspiciously before allowing us to pet them. When they did the world faded and was replaced by a bright blue sky and vast ocean. "Where... What?" I was confused, I looked around not being able to see Izaya. Panic gripped my heart, "Izaya! Where are you?!"

"Your brother is fine..." I spun around. In front of me was a young man around nineteen with long black hair, dark blue eyes, pale skin and ears that resembled those of a wolf. "Who are you? And where is he?" The male smiled a little, "He is with my brother. As for who I am..." He pulled me closer to him, his smile turning into a smirk as he kissed my hand. "I am known as Kage. The Altean guardian of the shadows." My face went red, "W-What does that have to do with me?" Kage took a step back, "I would like you to become my new master."

"What?" I asked, completely confused. Kage looked at me, "I would like you to became my new master, I will lend you my power so that you may be able to protect what you care for. I return all I ask is that you allow me to use your energy to survive." I looked at him, still confused, "Your power... It will help me protect Izaya... and take down the Galra?" The wolf like male tensed at the mention of the Galra. A growl left throat, "I would be more then willing to help you. Zarkon took my home from me. So do we have a deal?"

I nod. Kage smirks and steps closer to me again. He leans down close to my ear, "This might hurt a bit." Before I could ask what he meant pain shot through my shoulder. It took me a moment to realize that he had sunk his fangs into my flesh. For the second time that day the world faded to black. When I opened my eyes again I was back in the cave, the black wolf in front of me licked my face before disappearing. I was confused, I looked up seeing my brother standing by the pod, his hand against the glass.

The pod then opened, the boy inside fall on top of Izaya, who let out a yelp. I stumbled over to him, "You okay Iza?" My brother groaned, "Y-Yeah." The guy on top of him slowly opened his eyes. He blinked a couple of times before screaming and jumping up. The boy stumbled back almost falling of a ledge that had been behind his pod. As the boy began to slip, my instincts took over. Shadows wrapped around the boy wrists steadying him and bring him away from the edge.

"H-How did y-you?" he stuttered. I shock my head in complete shock, "I-I don't know..." I took a deep breath and held out my hand, "My names (Y/N) (L/N), this is my brother Izaya. We are rebel fighters. What about you?" He looked weary but took my hand, "Kiren... the second red paladin of Voltron." My eyes were wide with shock.

That was how we met them, the three people that changed so many thing for us. I wonder though.......

Could we ever go back to days like that. Where we were happy.......

Where we were a family....

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello!

Hope you enjoy this little side story glimpse into the past. If you have any ideas for little like oneshots or thing that took place in (Y/N)'s past please let me know and I'll see what I can do. I will continue the story soon, I've just had a lot going on recently.

Anyway, please enjoy and until next time. Have a good life.

Kiren~