Chapter 9: What happened to my crew?

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I woke up the next morning, later then everyone else, who were all training. Slowly I made my way out to the living room area and waited for the others, after all I promised Pidge I'd explain what happened to Jordan and Izaya today and I like to keep my promises. I sat down and sighed, "I hope you two are okay... You both have to be..." After a little while the paladins showed up in the room, smiling and laughing, which quietened down once they saw me. "What are you doing in here on your own (Y/N)?" Shiro raised an eyebrow. I let out a small laugh, "Waiting for you guys. I promised Pidge yesterday that I'd explain what happened with Jordan and Izaya and I like to keep my promises."

I air in the room seemed to get a little tense as the paladins, Allura and Coran all took a seat. "What happened to my brother? And your's? How did you get all the way out here?" I held my hands up as Pidge asked several questions, "Chill Pidge. I'll explain what happened, then you can ask any other questions that you feel need to be asked, okay?" Pidge nodded and everyone looked at ready for me to begin the story. I took a deep breath. "Well as most of you know, after Shiro, Matt and Sam, or Commander Holt, were declared dead, Jordan, Iza and myself didn't believe it. We wanted answers, real answers. So we offered to go on the scout and recovery mission."

I looked up at the roof a little, "I knew, pilot error wasn't the cause and that there was another thing out there, but we still weren't prepared. Our ship was grabbed by the Galra, Izaya and I both knew there was no way for all of us to get out of there together..." I looked back at the group and smiled a little, "One of us had to stay behind and, as you've probably guessed, I was the one who volunteered for that job. Izaya took Jordan somewhere safe, but away from Earth, we didn't want to lead the Galra to another planet anytime soon." I looked over at Pidge, "You guys know just as much as I do for that point, Pidge got anymore questions?" She pushed her glasses a little further up her nose.

"How do you know Izaya took Jordan somewhere safe? You guys were on Earth?" I tensed a little and looked down. "(N/N)? What aren't you telling us?" Keith crossed his arms over his chest. "N-Nothing i-important." I still didn't make eye contact with any of them. "(Y/N)... You can tell us, you know that." Shiro's voice was firm but kind. I sighed, "I didn't grow up on Earth..." I heard a couple of gasps, "What do you mean... Not from Earth? Like are you an alien or something? Why were you on Earth?" Before Hunk could continue I interrupted.

"I wasn't born on Earth... My Mum was taken by Aliens during a mission and that's where Izaya and I born... An alien warship... or specifically, a Galra one. Mum was eventually killed and a group of rebels found me and my brother and took us, trained us to help fight Zarkon." I kept my eyes on the ground, my hands together on my lap, "I am Human. I just wasn't born on Earth. During one of mine and Izaya's mission, things went south and we crashed on Earth where we met all of you."

"What do mean 'trained to help fight Zarkon'? You don't mean you've been fighting in battles all that time..." I laughed and sent Allura a small smile, "I've been part of this fight since I could first hold a weapon and train everyday. I don't regret any of it." I placed my hand on my chest and stood up, "I will do anything I can to help the people under Zarkon's control. I don't want people to go through what I did. That's why I'm going to keep fighting  and I'm not giving up on people. Now that Voltron is back we finally have a real chance to win once and for all, so I'm giving up on you guys either."

I made my way towards the door and looked over my shoulder one last time, "You guys have shown me that hope still does exist in this war and I know you'll prove that to others as well, as long as you keep doing what is right." With those final words I left the room, feeling the need for a walk.

~Paladin's POV~

He's hiding something....

but what?