Character 31: Price of Sanity

~(Y/N)'s POV~

It was dark. The small room held an all too familiar metallic smell. The cold bite of chains that bound my wrists and ankles only proved just how trapped I had become in the time I had been here. Minutes have blurred, my body to tired to put up a fight. My will to challenge the Galra was barely a spark. In my time with the blade and on Earth, I had forgotten the toll that Uriel's methods could take.

 "Why did you choose to take that mission?" The eerie voices whispered throughout the room, My eyes stayed pointed at the ground, "I would still be home with my mother and sister... It's your fault I got dragged into this." I closed my eyes tightly, not wanting to hear the voice of one of my closest friends like this. I knew it wasn't real, but the final threads on what was reality were falling apart.

"Why aren't you looking for me, (Y/N)? Do you not care? Is playing the hero more important then family?" My jaw tightened. I tried to ignore it. These voices were only fueled by my doubts and regrets. They were designed to break me down. Turn me into a tool, someone without emotions. "I thought you'd always be there... You promised you'd protect me... but, that was all a lie... wasn't it? You're just like them." My body had begun to shake, "Shut up..." I choked out. , "Please... none of that is true..."

"Isn't it?" A new voice entered. My head snapped up. I knew it wasn't real, but that no longer seemed to matter. There in front of me stood 'the Paladins' " You chose to abandon us pretty quickly. Guess you never really cared huh?" 'Keith' said. The familiar blue-grey that had grown calming, now stared down at me, filled with noting but anger and hate. "Keith..." I whimpered. One by one 'The Paladins' turned around and disappeared, leaving only 'Keith', "Guess we'll give you what you want."

I reached out weakly, a tear rolling down my cheek, but 'he' only disappear. With that, the last threads holding me together snapped. I brought my knees up to my chest, my shaky hand gripping my hair. My eyes squeezed shut, Repeating 'I'm sorry' Over and over again. At least until I felt a presence encircle me, "(Y/N) calm down... It wasn't real... please breath..." I took a few deep breath, doing as the voice instructed. Once I had calmed down, I slowly opened my eyes. My mind seemed to calm a little as I saw the blue sky and vast ocean.

I turned to see Kage's human appearance. His dark blue eyes filled with concern. "(Y/N)... you're mind is starting to break... You need to stay strong." I looked down, my hair covering my eyes, "I'm trying Kage. It's not that easy. They're taking my biggest regret, my fears, my doubts and turning them into weapons. I want to stay strong... but that's getting harder and harder to do." The wolf-like male sighed, pulling me to my feet. "I could help you. I would just have to-"

"No." I said bluntly. What he was talking about... I could never even think about doing. "But, you could die! If the Galra get their way they will use you against the universe, against the Paladins! And they wouldn't just be using you, they'd be using me to!" I glared at Kage, "No. Kage I can't do that. You know I can't." Kage's fist clenched. His eyes looking me over before he relaxed. "Then you leave me no choice..."

My eyes widened as I backed away, stumbling and falling, "Kage..." He looked down at me sadly, "Thank you for trusting me for so long (Y/N). Please know that I do this because I care, not only about you, but about your friends." He knelt own in front of me, placing his hands on either side of my head, "Kage please... Please don't" I begged, but I knew that there was nothing I could do. The wolf looked at me with a pained expression. "I'm sorry. Please... I hope you will forgive me."

With those words a pain shot through my head and the world turned black.

________________________________________________________________________________

Such a cheerful chapter I know.

So, hello. I am back once more to say some words. 

I saw a few chapters back someone asked if it would be a series of books representing each season. At the time I was like 'Hey that's actually a good idea.' So I'll probably do that, unless people want it to stick to one book. I have a basic plan about how things are going to work how the plots going to proceed and stuff like that. but yeah. This is becoming an after school project. 

Anyway, just letting you all know. Also if I do the separate book thing. This one is nearing it's end which is going to be fun... maybe...

Enjoy life.

Kiren~