Chapter 2: Seeing everyone again

~(Y/N)'s POV~

Everyone looked at me slightly confused. Pidge was the first to react, her eyes went wide and started to fill with tears, before she ran and jumped at me, "(Y/N)! You're alive!" I chuckle a little. Shiro was the next to walk up to me, "(Y/N)?" I could hear the confusion, joy, concern and guilt in his voice. I looked up at my half-brother as Pidge let me go, tears building in both our eyes. I smiled and jumped into his arms, "Takashi!" He laughed and held me tightly. "Hold up!" We turned to Lance, "(Y/N), as in the Garrison demon, (Y/N)?" I smiled and nodded. Both he and Hunk soon tackled me in a hug, Hunk was crying. "We thought you were dead! And how do you know Shiro?" I grinned at everyone in the room, "He's my half-brother!"

"What?!" Lance, Hunk and Keith seemed surprised. I rubbed the back of my neck and nodded. "How come you didn't tell us?" Lance ask, placing a hand over his heart in a dramatic fashion. "One, you didn't ask, two, it wasn't important, three, I didn't want people relying on me because of my relations." Before they could ask anymore questions, Allura cut in, "Sorry to interrupt your reunion, but we must get back to the red lion." Everyone's attention was on the princess. "Right, where is it?" Shiro asked. "It's on the Galra ship heading towards this planet. In fact, they should already be here. The ship is commanded by one mean ass named Sendak, one of Zarkon's most trusted," I crossed my arms over my chest and glared at nothing in particular, "I saw it while I was escaping the ship. That's where I've been pretty much since I left Earth." 

Pidge looked at my face, her eyes softening when she noticed my blind eye, "Is that what happened to your eye? The Galra." I gave her a nod, "Bit of advice. When being held captive by a war commander, don't be sarcastic, they won't understand." I looked at everyone's concerned faces and sighed, "Come on guys, it's just an eye, I've got two of them. We should be focusing on the lions." Allura broke from her trance and nodded, "He is right. The Galra are right outside the planet's atmosphere." "They're here already?" Shiro asked a little concerned."Yes. Guess my calculations were a bit off. Finger counting—I-It's more of an art than a science. Hmm?" Coran answered. 

Before anyone could say anything else, a transmission began to play on the screen."Princess Allura, this is Commander Sendak of the Galra Empire. I come on behalf of Emperor Zarkon, Lord of the Known Universe. I am here to confiscate the Lions and recapture the one known as the black wolf. Turn them over to me, or I will destroy your planet." I glared at the transmission, "Piss off Sendak." The Galra commander smirked, "Ah, their you are. Zarkon will be pleased I have found you again. I will see you again soon." The transmission ended, I was shaking slightly. Keith placed his hand on my shoulder, "Are you okay?" I snapped out of it and looked up into his blue-grey eyes, "Y-Yeah, I'm fine. Just really don't like Sendak." Keith gave a small nod as we turned our attention back to the Alteans and the others.

  "All right, let's not panic." Shiro spoke. Hunk looked terrified and extremely nervous, "Not panic? Th-The scary purple alien thing is driving his battleship toward us. We only have four Lions." Pidge pushed back her glasses, "Technically, only three working Lions." Hunk looked at her, "That's right. Thank you, Pidge. Three working Lions an-and a Castle that's, like, 10,000 years old." Coran was the next to interrupt, "A-Actually, it's 10,600 years old. You see, it was built by my grandfather—" Hunk cut him off before he could go on a tangent, "Thanks, Coran. Thank you for that. See? Now is the perfect time to panic!" Allura seemed to think for a moment before speaking, "Wait! This Castle has a particle barrier we can activate." Lance being Lance decide it was the perfect moment for a pick up line, "Girl, you've already activated my par—"

  "— Lance!" Shiro and I both yelled, stopping him from finishing his sentence. "The particle barrier won't hold Sendak's ion cannon forever. The Galra technology must have advanced since we fought them last." Hunk looked at Shiro, "Panic now?" Shiro shook his head, "No. We've just got to figure out our plan of action, aaand... figure it out quickly." Lance piped up with his idea, "I say we pop through a wormhole and live to fight another day." Hunk raised his hand,"I second that. Yes. I mean, we tried to find all the Lions, right? We gave it the old college try. Couldn't do it. We only have three. We can't form Voltron. I man, I guess we could form a... snake? Or a worm! To go through that hole, Lance, that you were talking about." Lance nodded, "Then, it's settled. Allura, you ride with me. One of you take the old guy."

I saw Coran start to seethe and Pidge wasn't much better. "We can't just abandon Arus. The Galra will keep destroying planets and capturing prisoners until we stop them."Hunk looked over at her,"Okay. If we run, then maybe Sendak will follow us and leave this planet alone, like when we left . We form the snake-worm thingamajig and we—hisss out of here." Keith looked over at the yellow paladin slightly annoyed, "Sendak could destroy the planet then come after us anyway. Staying is our only option." I had to agree with Keith, but I could see Hunk and Lance point of view as well, I was about to say before Lance interrupted."Here's an option: shut your  quiznak." Keith looked at Lance, his annoyance was clear, "I don't think you're using that word correctly." 

"What do you know, Mullet?" Lance remarked, Keith bit back,"We're staying." Lance glared at Keith,"Leaving!" Pidge also joined in,"Staying!" And finally Hunk,"Snake!" They were all being loud and arguing was only successfully annoying everyone in the room. Shiro went to say something but I cut in first, "All of you shut up! Arguing will get us all no where! None of you know what the Galra are like, Sendak will hurt the people of this planet to spite us if nothing else. These lions are Allura's therefore she should be the one to decide what we do with them!" I took a shaky breath, not realizing the tear running down my face. Everyone went silent.

Shiro placed a hand on my shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "(Y/N) is right.Princess Allura, these are your Lions. You've dealt with the Galra before. You know what we're facing better than any of us. What do you think is the best course of action?" The princess looked unsure of herself, "I... I-I don't know." Coran walked over to the princess, "Perhaps your father can help." "My father?"Allura seemed shocked, as was I. I had heard of Altea's fall many times, Many of the Galra believe it was one of their finest achievements. After that Coran lead Allura somewhere in the castle.

Shiro stood in front of me, "Are you okay?" I looked up at him and smiled, "Y-Yeah." I turned to everyone else, "Sorry for snapping at you guys, but..." I looked down, "You have no idea what Zarkon and his generals are like."