Chapter 15: Secrets come to light.

~Keith's POV~

As soon as Hunk and Coran got back we got Lance and (Y/N) into the pods. We all stand by them in the sleep camber. "After a day in here, them should be fully healed." Allura informed us. Shiro walked up to Pidge,"Pidge, we can't thank you enough for all you did. I can't help but feel that you were meant to be a part of our team... but I understand if you want to leave." He spook sadly.

Pidge looked up at all of us,"Dad used to tell me how close he was with his crew members. They were like family. Now, I understand what he was talking about." Shiro smiles down at the green Paladin as they continued,"I'm staying with you guys. Let's stop Zarkon for all of our families." Soon I find myself smiling,"Good to have you back on the team." Pidge smiles at all of us fondly. We all then part ways, I looked over at (Y/N) one last time before deciding to get in a little more training before bed.

The next morning we all met up in the sleep chamber and stand around Lance and (Y/N)'s pods."I can't tell if they're looks healthy... or not." Hunk said."I think they're breathing weird." Pidge said as they stare into the pods. "Oh, come on!" I was get impatient. I went to tap on Lance's pod but Allura stopped me."Not yet! A few more ticks." I crossed my arm,"How much better do you think they're gonna get in a few more ticks?"

  "And what exactly is a tick?" Pidge inquired. "You know, a time-slice." Allura replied, not really clarifying anything."What, like a second?" Shiro asked, Allura looked confused."What is a... 'second'?" Pidge pulls out a clock counting seconds and showed to the Alteans,"Like this." Allura looked at it for a moment before speaking,"I'm not sure. I think ticks are bigger. Coran, do you have a ticker?" The ginger Altean perked up a bit,"Right here, Princess." He pulls out another device.

    "I think ticks are a little slower." Hunk observed."I can't tell. We have to start them at the same time." Pidge suggests. Coran nods,"Okay. Ready, go!" They both start their respective devices as everyone else huddles around to watch."Yes! I think we're winning." The yellow Paladin exclaimed. I raised an eyebrow,"Winning what? The intergalactic time-measuring competition?" Hunk looked at me and nodded, "Yes."

None of us noticed the pods opening in the background,"You guys having a clock party?" Lance's voice asked."Aw, Lance, you just ruined it. Uh—Hey, Lance!" Hunk hugged the blue paladin. I looked over to see (Y/N) leaning against a shadow coloured wolf. The (H/C) haired male smiled at me as here approached.

  "What happened?" Lance asked."We can tell you all about it while you get something to eat. Are you able to walk?" Allura looked at him a little concern in her eyes."Talking? Eating? Are you asking me out on a date?" The princess did not looked impressed, (Y/N) rolled his but smiled a little."Yep. There he is." Pidge sighed."Yep, he's okay." Shiro added. I just crossed my arms,"Classic." 

We all make our way to the dinning hall, (Y/N) and I a little bit behind everyone else. "I'm glad everyone's okay." I looked at him as he watched the group ahead of us with a smile. I smiled a little as well, "And we're all happy you and Lance are okay too." (Y/N) laughed a little, "Yeah... I warned Sendak not to underestimate you guys... but he didn't take my advice." I chuckled as we arrived at our destination. Hunk brought out some food goo for both (Y/N) and Lance. We all sat around them and explained what had happened.

  "They'd be Sendak's prisoner right now, if not for Pidge." The princess finished."Well, you wouldn't have survived the explosion if Hunk and Coran hadn't gotten a new Crystal." Pidge added. "Wow. Thanks, everybody. Sounds like the mice did more than you, though." Lance said looking up at me."I punched Sendak!" I exclaimed. "Yeah, apparently after I emerged from a coma and shot his arm off." Lance retorted."We had a bonding moment. I cradled you in my arms!" I throw my arms up, Lance just shock his head,"Nope. Don't remember, didn't happen. So, what happened to Sendak?"

Out of the corner of my eye I saw (Y/N) trying not to laugh at our small argument of sorts."He's frozen in a cryo-pod. We're keeping him here in the Castle." Allura replies to Lance's question, (Y/N)'s expression immediately becomes serious."Are you sure that's a good idea?" Lance raised an eyebrow."He's too dangerous to be set free. Besides, we might be able to get some information about from him." Allura replied. (Y/N) looked down, "You should still be careful princess." he said, at a barely audible volume. Both Shiro and Lance looked at our friend with concern.

  "So, what's the plan now?" Lance asked, trying to clear the tense that was starting to fill the air."We have to get back to the Balmera and save Shay and her people." Hunk said. I saw Lance smirk a little,"Wow! You are really hung up on this lady." Hunk's face turned a little pink as explained,"No, it's not like that. Look, guys, when you see how Zarkon has treated these people and destroyed their home—They've been under his thumb for so long, they don't even know what it is to be free. It's up to us to set this right. This is what being a Paladin of Voltron is all about. It's time to man up."

Pidge frowns and (Y/N) looks like he's think about something. Shiro stands up,"Then let's get moving. Time to go defend the universe." We all begin to leave when Pidge stops,"Wait, I have something to say first. I need to come clean and... I'm afraid this may change the way you all think about me. Just so there are no secrets between us anymore, I can't "man up". ... I'm a girl." We all just look at Pidge, Lance is in complete shock."I-I mean, I can "man up" because that's just a figure of speech. I don't have to actually be a man to "man up." I just have to be tough. But what I'm saying—" 

"Huh—Eh—Wha—?! You're a girl!? HOW!?" Lance asked, (Y/N) stands up walks to Pidge's side, "The same way you're a boy." He says in an mater-of-fact tone. Allura just smiled,"I've known for some time, but I'm glad you've shared it with everyone." Hunk just shrugged,"Yeah, I figured." and I nodded,"Oh, yeah, me too." Coran looked confused,"Wait, w-we were supposed to think you were a boy?" Shiro placed a hand on the green paladin's shoulder,"Pidge, owning who you are is going to make you a better Paladin." Pidge sighs in relief,"It's good to get that off my chest. Now, let's launch this Castleship!" 

Again we all start to head for the door, minus Lance, who's still trying to process this new information. But (Y/N)'s voice calls out, "Wait!" We all stop and turn towards him. "I-I have something I need to say as well... I-I didn't tell you guys the whole truth earlier..." Lance and Shiro's eyes widen, "Hold up, (N/N) are you sure about this?!" Lance places a hand on his shoulder. I stood, confused and slightly hurt that Lance knew something I didn't. (Y/N) nodded his head and took a shaky breath. He looked up at us, his eyes were filled with so many emotions one of the most present, fear.

"You're probably all going to hate me for this but I need to say it. You can decide whether or not you still want me around after, but if I end up being allowed to stay I don't want to hide anything from you." We all started to grow concerned as (Y/N) let out a laugh, "Though I don't expect you all to still care after but... You deserve the truth." He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. My eyes widened as the (H/C) haired boys skin turned slightly purple, his teeth grow sharper and when he open his eyes where it was normal white was yellow.

"I'm half Galra."