Chapter 3: Entering the ship

~(Y/N)'s POV~

After some time Allura came back wearing a set of armor, "You five Paladins were brought here for a reason. The Voltron Lions are meant to be piloted by you and you alone. We must fight and keep fighting until we defeat Zarkon. It is our destiny. Voltron is the universe's only hope. We are the universe's only hope." Shiro smiled, "We're with you, Princess." Allura led us to another room, five sets of armor were on display."Your suits of armor."

I stood back against a wall while the others all examined their suits, each making a comment. Coran and Allura stood beside me,"Princess, are you sure about this? They aren't exactly the best and brightest the universe has to offer." I looked at the ginger haired man as Allura replied,"No, but they're all we've got." I cleared my throat causing the Alteans to look at me, "They may not seem like it, but you'll be glad to have each one of them on your team during this war. They aren't as stupid as they seem." I smiled, Allura sighed, "You maybe right. Also, I must apologize but we do not have any armor for you." I laughed a little, "It's fine. I have a solution for that."

  "Boys, it's time to suit up!" Shiro called out. I went into another room and pulled my bag out of the shadows. "Been a while since I was able to wear this." I smiled as I pulled out my Blade of Marmora armor. It looks like the traditional armor, just (F/C) instead of purple. Once I had it on I went back to join the others. I looked the other boys over and smirked before whistling catching their attention, "Looking good boys." They all looked over my armor. "Where did you get that armor?" Allura asked, suspicion in her voice. Crap, I can't tell them I'm a half-breed yet, nor can I mention the blade. "I...Uh...Stole it? Anyway doesn't matter how I got it. It'll provide me with what I need." 

After everyone gave me various looks of suspicion and curiosity Allura continued, "The Bayard is the traditional weapon of the Paladins of Voltron. It takes a distinct shape for each Paladin." Lance's becomes a gun, Hunk gets a larger gun, Keith a sword and Pidge small grappling hook with a knife head,"Aw, you got a cute little bayard." Lance teased, Pidge then strikes the blue paladin, causing an electric shock to go through his body. I couldn't help but laugh a bit. "Yeah, it is pretty cute." Pidge smirked. Allura turned to Shiro, "Shiro, I'm afraid your Bayard was lost with its Paladin." My half-brother looked at the princess,"I guess I'll just have to make do."  She then turned to me, "And I'm afraid we do not have a weapon for you either." I smirked and pulled out my knife, the markings were covered. "I think I'm good." The princess gave me a nod.

    We went back to the bridge to plan how we would retrieve the Red Lion. "You'll need to retrieve the red lion from Sendak's ship." She turned to me and I shock my head, "Don't look at me , was kinda to busy being tortured to remember the lay out of the ship." Keith looked at the image of the ship, "That's a.. pretty big ship. How are we gonna know where the red lion is?" Pidge piped up, "Oh, it's not a matter of 'we'. It's a matter of 'you'." Hunk was next, "Pidge is right. Once we get you in, you'll be able to feel its presence and track it down." Lance turned to Keith,"Yeah. You know how you felt that crazy energy while we were in the desert?" Keith crossed his arms,"Yeah. You made fun of me for that." Lance smiled proudly,"And I'm proud of that, but turns out it's exactly like that mumbo-jumbo."

  "Keith, remember, the Red Lion is extremely temperamental. You'll have to earn its respect." Allura reminded. "All right. Here's our plan of attack." Shiro explained the plan. Lance and Hunk would act as a detraction while, Pidge, Keith, Shiro and I head inside to find the lion. Once we were inside, Shiro seemed to freeze up slightly. "Shiro, you okay?" I placed a hand on his shoulder."I've been here before. After I was taken by the Galra cruiser off Kerboros, they brought us here." I looked at him with sympathy, what did they put you through? "So, that means your other crew members, they might be held captive here. We... We've got to rescue them." Pidge said, I looked over at her, knowing why she was so set on it."Pidge, we don't have time. We have to get the Red lion and get back to Arus." Shiro spoke up.

Pidge did not seem pleased with that comment,"But we can't just leave prisoners here!" Shiro looked at her with sympathy and placed an arm on her shoulder,"Look, no one understands that more than me, but, in war, we have to make hard choices. Now, let's get moving." Pidge shrugged off his hand,"No! Commander Holt is my father. He and my brother were the ones on the Mission with you." Shiro's eyes went wide with realization."Commander Holt is your father?" Pidge looked like she could break,"Yes. I've been searching everywhere for him and my brother. And I'm not going to give up looking when I'm this close. I won't!" Shiro looked at her, "I'm coming with you." I smiled.

"What?" Keith asked. "I remember where the prisoners are held. Keith, you go find the Red Lion." My half-brother answered,"By myself?" I placed a hand on the red paladin's shoulder, "No you're gonna be stuck with me." I smiled."Minor change of plans. You'll be fine. Just remember, patience yields focus." I heard a door open and became on guard."So—Run!"Shiro yelled as he and Pidge ran one way, me and Keith heading the other. We found ourselves at an intersecting corridor."Great. Now, which way?" Keith asked, mostly to himself. I panted a little, felling my wounds reopening, "I don't know, that's kind of up t-" Before I could finish we were getting shot at and had to run again.

We ran around the ship until we ended up back at the same corridor, "You've got to be kidding me! ... 'Patience... yields focus...'" Keith took a deep breath and closed his eyes. I looked around to make sure we wouldn't get taken by surprise again. "Gotcha!" I heard Keith exclaim. He then grabbed my wrist and started to drag me down one of the halls, "Keith where are we going?" Keith looked over his shoulder and smiled a little, "I found the red lion." My face went a little pink as we kept running.