Chapter 25: I'm Alone

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I stared at the princess as my mind tried to process what she had just said. When reality had sunk in, I looked down, my eyes shut tight. I had known since the day I had told them that I was a Galra that this was a possibility... I had just hoped that it wouldn't.

"Princess, what are you saying...?" Keith's voice seem strained as he asked. I couldn't look up, I didn't need to see their expression to know their emotions at this moment in time. "It is too dangerous to have a Galra on this ship. You saw his power back on the Balmera, he is a threat." I felt my throat tighten to the point I was scared I'd stop breathing. "Allura! He isn't like that! You don't even know him!!"

"And you do? During his time in Earth did he ever once mention this? Did he ever tell you anything about his past?"  Allura asked, and she was right... i had never told anyone about any of this... about my life... maybe i should have trust them more back on Earth. "That doesn't matter! Everyone has their reasons to keep things hidden! So why don't you-" I gently grabbed his wrist, my eye remaining fixed on to the ground. "Keith... I-It's okay..." I managed to choke out. This scene was all to familiar.

"No it's not. Allura shouldn't-" I looked up at Keith with a sad smile, I knew he'd probably hate me for this... but it was the only way to make sure tensions would calm in the Castle, "This is her home... I'm part of the race that took everything from her... so yes it is." I turned to face Allura, "Allow me to gather my things and use one of the pods... then you won't have to see me here again." Allura nodded and left the room.

I took a shaky breath before stepping forward only to be pulled back and spun around. "What are you thinking?! Why are you just listening to her?!" Keith shook my shoulders a little as he screamed. It reminded me of moments we had back at the Garrison... back when things were simple... "It's the only way. If I stay, it will only tare this team apart and Voltron is to important." Keith went still hid, his head hung, hair covering his eyes. "So you're just going to leave again? Just like before?" I looked down, "Keith-"

"You're just going to get yourself killed?! Is that you're plan?! Fine!! You won't listen to me anyway, so what's the point?!" The red Paladin pushed me back a little before storming out of the room. I stood there, frozen as a single tear rolled down my cheek. A sad chuckle passing through my lip, "I'm sorry..." was all I could whisper out as I turned and headed for my room.

~Keith's POV~

I can't believe this! I just get him back and now i have to watch him leave again? Why... why does this keep happening?

I sat down on my bed. Anger, fear, sadness and so many other emotions hitting me like waves in a stormy sea, threatening to drown me if I didn't stay a float. I sat there, trying to think of a way to stop him... but.... i couldn't think of anything. (Y/N) felt as though he was right, and he was Stubborn. Also was it right for me to keep him here? Where he felt hated? No, that isn't true... he knows we care about him... so why..?

I didn't realize how long I had been sitting there until and all too familiar and frustrating voice called out from my doorway, "Hey Mullet head!! We need to get to the hangar. Now!" I looked up at Lance as he stood there panting a little. I took a sharp breath, knowing why he was here before following him to our destination. As we got closer, the voices got louder.

~Author's POV~

"(Y/N). Get away from the ship. Now." Shiro voice was firm but laced with confusion and worry. Hunk and Pidge had gotten him when they noticed their friend packing his belongings. Now the three stood there, helplessly watching the young Galra boy place his bag in one of the pods. The boy laughed at their efforts to convince him to stay. "I can't Shiro... it seems my time in the castle is over... I need to move on."

The oldest in the group knew that something had happened. Something to trigger this. "Look whatever happened we can figure it out... just don't make a rash choice like this. We're stronger together then alone." (Y/N) turned and smiled bitterly at his brother, he watched as Lance, Keith, Allura and Coran entered the room. "Shiro... I'm strong enough to take care of myself. I have plans to head back to the rebels I worked with and start to help from there... I'll be more help that way." Everyone knew that wasn't the reason. They could tell there was something more here.

Keith stepped forward, determined to make one final plea to get his friend to stay. "(Y/N). You can't just leave. We're your friends and we just found after being told you were dead, you can't just leave again." The Galra boy looked down, "I'm sorry Keith, truly. But this-" The red paladin's fists clenched at his side. He felt anger raise with every apology he heard, "Stop saying you're sorry! Weren't you the one going on about how you were my copilot? How you'd always watch my back? You were always the one who went on about looking out for your team and now you're just going to abandon us?!" (Y/N)'s eyes look into Keith's, he felt almost compelled to change his mind. Then he looked over at Allura... and he knew he couldn't stay.

Without another word, the young man stepped into the pod and left. Leave his friends, his family there. Shocked and confused, unable to process what had just happened. Keith was the first to leave, locking himself in his room, he let the tears fall. He had lost you again... maybe for the last time.

You on the other hand, sat at the front of the pod, trying to fly it through clouded vision. You felt guilt and regret eating away at you as the space between you and the others grew. You knew that the next time you saw them they would be furious... but... you could stay another second, knowing it would have only been harder to go.

Now you were Alone...

Now you were vulnerable....