Chapter 10: The 'Champion'

~(Y/N)'s POV~

After I told the others about Jordan and Izaya we all headed towards the dinning room area, the paladins and I sitting down while Coran went into the kitchen. Keith and Lance got into a small argument about something that had happened during their training, Shiro kept glancing at me every so often, thinking I wouldn't notice. Once everyone is seated, Coran comes out from around the corner caring a covered plate, "Hello, guys! How was the Voltron workout?" Shiro looked up at the ginger,"We're getting there. Are you and Allura almost done fixing the Castle so we can leave this planet? I feel like we're sitting ducks here on Arus."

I couldn't help but agree with Shiro. Even though we took care of Sendak's ship, I could help but feel as though we hadn't seen the last of him. Coran placed the plate down on the table in front of the black Paladin,"Just about. In the meantime, to get your minds off those duck seats you're worried about, I made you guys an authentic ancient Paladin lunch!" He lifted off the cover and reveals an abomination he cooked up. No one even tries to hide their disgust. "Coran, you just got me hooked on that goo and now you're switching it up?" Hunk complained a little.

  "This is packed with nutrients." Coran countered sniffing the dish in front of him. Hunk also smells the food before replying,"Oh, it smells disgusting!" Coran stood back up,"I know! That's how you know it's healthy!" Keith and Lance walk over to the other side of the room where I'm standing as Hunk pulls out some alien plant,"Coran, we're on a planet now with fresh herbs, spices, and... whatever this thing is. A tuber? Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to head back to the kitchen and spice things up." Lance and Keith both sit beside me as we waited for Hunk to finish. "Where's Pidge?" Shiro asked, I looked around and finally took notice of my green friends absence.

"—He's probably checking on those... prisoners we rescued from Zarkon. They'll all be waking soon in the infirmary." Coran answered while taking a bit of the dish he had prepared. Shiro stood up as Coran shoved the food in his face,"Open the hatch. Food Lion coming in!" Coran makes a few jet sounds as Shiro's face goes from surprised to unmeasured,"No. Just... no." I let out a small chuckle before standing up, "Shiro. I'm coming with you. I want to make sure the prisoners are completely okay." Shiro gave me a nod and we both left the room.

When we were out of earshot of the other Shiro spoke up, "(Y/N), When you were telling us about what happened earlier, about the fact you're not from Earth...I could tell you were hiding something." I tensed a little and let out an awkward laugh, "I don't know what you mean." Shiro looked at me with a strict expression, "I have lived with you for a few years. I think I've learned  to tell when you are hiding things. My question is why would you hid something for us?" I sighed and looked down at the ground, "Because if Allura...If any of you knew you would all see me differently."

"(Y/N)-" I cut him off and smiled, "No Shiro...  It's happened before. People find out and they get scared, they stop trusting me... I-I'll tell you guys eventually... I'm just not ready to yet, okay?" Shiro looked reluctant, but nodded his head, "Okay, but know that is you ever need to talk about anything I'm always here... and I'm sure the others will listen too." I looked up at my brother and smiled a little more, "I know Shiro... and I do trust you all, but this is something personal that I'd prefer to keep on the down low for a while, though the prisoners might know about it a little bit." Shiro raised an eyebrow, "Sendak and his men weren't exactly quiet about my arrival on to his ship, I had to fight in the arena and I'm a rebel that quite a few people have heard of. I am one one of the Galra's most wanted criminals after all."

Shiro sighed, but smiled and ruffled my hair, "As long as you know you can trust us and promise you'll fill me in on your secret one day then everything is good." I laughed, "I promise Shiro and if anything comes up then you'll be the first person I'll go to." My half-brother nodded his head the rest of the way we walked in a peaceful silence. Soon we reached the pod room and saw Pidge sitting on the ground, tapping her foot."You're as anxious as me." Shiro spoke up, catching the young Paladin's attention. She looked back at the pods for a moment,"These aliens we saved know something about my family. They have to!"