CHAPTER 1- The alpha is back

MELISSA'S POV

"MELISSA WAKE UP!!!" I heard my mum shout from downstairs. "I'm up. I'm up. Just looking for my socks mum." I shouted. In reality, I was still in bed. I was just about to doze off to my dreamland again when I heard someone stomping upstairs. 

I felt a presence above me, but still didn't open my eyes. After a few seconds I was pushed of my bed. I fell on my bum with a thump.

"Oh sorry did i hurt you princess?" It was my brother Brandon. He was laughing his ass off. "Hahaha...very funny....NOT!!"  I kicked  him in the gut. He fell down on the floor groaning in pain.

"Did I hurt you little bro?" I mocked him in a baby voice and run downstairs before he gets up. "Good morning mom and dad". Dad, as usual, was reading his newspaper with a cup of coffee in his hand. Mom was in the kitchen making breakfast. Dad murmured a 'morning' not looking up from his newspaper. 

"Oh look. The princess finally decided to wake up." My mom said, giving me a kiss on the cheek while I sat on the kitchen island.

Mom handed me a plate with two pancakes and bacon. "Hurry up Mel. You're going to be so late for school. AGAIN". 

"What are you talking about? I still have....." I checked the time in the clock on the wall. It was already 7:30 and school starts in 30 minutes. "Holy shit... I am so gonna get detention."

"Language young lady." Dad says looking up from his paper.

"Sorry dad." I take the pancakes with me and run towards the bathroom. What? I love eating and ain't leaving heavenly pancakes dripping with maple syrup okay.

After taking a quick shower, I dry myself and wear a white t-shirt and black shorts. I put on my black boots and head downstairs putting on my black leather jacket. Okay that's a lot of black.

"Bye mom. Bye dad" I yelled over my shoulder and walk towards the garage. Brandon likes to take the bus even when I offer him a ride. He says that I will ruin his rep in front his friends if they knew that he had to take a ride from his sister, like a baby. Like he has a reputation to be broken.

At school, I am greeted by my bestie, Cayden. We've known each other since we were in 3rd standard. Cayden already found his mate. Her name is Cristy. She's my girl bestie. 

"Hey Melly ", Cayden gives me a bear hug. He is huge. Atleast 6'3''. We walk towards our first class before we get a tardy. Our first class was Math. Oh the joy( don't forget to note the sarcasm).

In class, Cayden sits behind me, as usual . He pokes me in the back and I turn around to face him, being careful of the teacher writing on the board. "What?" I whispered.

"How are you feeling? You're turning 18. I still can't believe that little Mel is turning 18." He rubs fake tears. 

"To be honest, I feel like running away. I don't want a stupid mate who will control me. I wanna be free and not bound to just one person my whole life. Especially at 18! This is the age to explore. Drink booze and have fun. Not settle down and have a bun in my oven like most of the girls in the pack do." I turning away from him, feeling sullen just thinking about the responsibilities having a mate brings.

After no poking or any type of response from Cayden for 5 mins, I turn around to see a glum faced Cayden. 

"Hey", I say softly. "Why the glum face?" I rubbed his curled fists on the desk.

"You serious about running away?" He's angry. I open my mouth to answer when he interupts. "Its not going to happen. Me and Cristy won't let you. I will tie you up and I will eat all your skittles in front of you . You're my best friend and I don't want you to go away. I will eat every single skittles you have and even let Brandon have some." He said the last sentence with an evil smile.

My eyes twitched at the thought of my precious skittles gone. Cayden smiled and leaned back on his chair knowing that I would do anything for my precious skittles.

_______________________

"Hey Mel. Hey babe." Cristy, Cayden's mate and my girl best friend approaches us in the cafeteria. She sits down beside Cayden and gives him a kiss. I scrunched up my face. "Eww guys. No PDA please." 

They both smiled sheepishly at me. "You'll know how it feels to have a mate when you find one Mel." Cristy said looking lovingly at Cayden. "Yeah...no. I think I'll pass." I shove a piece of pizza in my mouth. She knows what I think about mates. But being the hopeless romantic that she is, she tries to make me love the fact of having a soul mate made for you.

"Oh! did you know that the Alpha Saunders is back?" Cristy said almost bouncing on her seat.

This got my attention. I know that we are the strongest pack with the strongest Alpha, but I have never seen him with my own eyes. I always make up excuses to miss pack trainings or meeting.

"Where was he?" I take a sip of my now cold coke. 

Cayden gives me a look of disappointment. "He was out for a meeting with the Alphas of other packs. Its what Alphas do, you know." Cristy nodded and said, "Yeah and now he's back. You should see him Mel. He's so hot. He is one one of those guys that can make you drop your panties without even trying." Cristy fans herself with her paper napkin.

Cayden gives her a baffled look and growls low in his throat. Cristy's eyes widen when she realizes that Cayden was sitting there. "Of course not more than you babe." She hugs him, and mouths over is shoulder 'the Alpha is hotter'. I laugh opening a packet of skittles.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey people. So this is my first story. I hope you like it.

Bye.