CHAPTER 2- Worst birthday ever

MELISSA'S POV

The next day I wake before anyone in my house, which never really happens. I think its because its my birthday today. "Happy your-life-is-ruined day Mel." I mumbled to myself. Yawning I stretch and decided to cuddle with my teddy in bed for a minute .What? Every 17 year old girl, werewolf or not needs a teddy in her complicated teen life! 

It takes me 15 minutes to finally get out of bed. I go to the bathroom for my morning ritual. The reflection I see in the mirror makes my eyes open wide in horror. My hair is sticking out in every place resembling an abandoned bird's nest and I have dried drool sticking to my chin. I take a  shower for a long time. I pick pair of black jeans along with a blue t-shirt to wear. Getting dressed and fixing my hair, I wear my black converse and go downstairs.

"Happy birthday Mel!" my parents say in unison. I think they woke up while i was in the bathroom. "Thanks mom and dad." I say in a monotone. My mom was cooking while my dad was looking for something in the fridge. Brandon came downstairs after a few minutes and wished me birthday while giving me a side hug and I just said another 'thank you'

My mom serves me waffles with whipped cream and a strawberry on top, just the way I likey. She stands besides dad, both of them staring at me. I give them a weird look. 

"Why are standing there and staring at me like that? Oh shit is there anything on my face? Is it a pimple?" I say checking if something is wrong with my face.

My dad takes out a key and says, "No there's nothing in your face honey. We were just thinking about giving this key to a hummer to...." I don't even let dad finish the sentence beforejumping out of my seat and grabbing the keys, squealing like a little girl. I hug them both as tight as ever. "Thank you thank you thank you." I let dad lead me outside to a shining black hummer with red leather seats. I start happy dancing, with mom, dad and Brandon watching me from the door.

"And honey you can't go to school today." Mom says hugging dad around the waist.

I stopped dancing. "Why?" I ask,puzzled. I was really eager to go to school for the first time. I wanted to show my brand new baby to Cayden. He has got a grey hummer with black leather seats. We will be matching. 

"Because its your 18th birthday and you know the rules out here." my dad reminded. Okay so the rules are that whoever in this stupid pack turns 18, he/she has to go to the pack house for some stuff that has to do with mating shit.  

"But i really wanted to show Hummy to Cayden." I  point towards my car and tell them. "He knows what you have to do today and will wait for you to come back to the house later. Now we need go to the pack house."

After 20 minutes of mom telling me to get ready and me whining, we were heading towards the pack house. I was sitting in the back seat listening to titanium in my iPod. We reached the pack house. 

"Do we really have to go mom?" I ask making a sad puppy dog face. 

"Ahh! Don't make that face. And you really have to go. Its important for the pack. And maybe you'll find your mate today. It might be a handsome guy who knows." She says with a dreamy look on her face. 

"But I don't want one." I whine. "Oh keep quiet Melissa. And don't do anything bad because Alpha Mason will also be there." Mom gives me a stern look over her shoulder. This is by far the best day of my life......NOT!!

We get inside the pack house and head towards alpha's office. You see my dad is the beta, that is the second in command and he has to meet the alpha for some pack security. As we enter the door I am hit by a strong smell of peppermint, coffee and forest. And at that moment I knew that I was in deep deep deep shit. I looked up and met a pair of totally black eyes of Alpha Mason

"Mate" he growled standing up from his seat. And I do the only thing I can think of. 

I RUN.