CHAPTER 33- The Deal

RECAP

"Alpha Mason. We found him. Rogue Nathan is kept in the the dungeons as you ordered." 

Did i just hear correctly. ROGUE? THE FUCKING DUNGEON??

PRESENT

MELISSA'S POV

I stared at Mason and then started laughing abruptly. "You're kidding me right?" I can't believe what i just heard. Its a joke. Mason's just trying to get back at me for leaving him. Right? But the look on Mason's face said something else.

I jumped out of Mason's lap. "You little brat" I couldn't make myself curse him properly. Mason didn't make any eye contact with me. "you can leave now" he said to the guy at the door. The guy bowed and left. Mason turned to look at me but still didn't say anything. 

This made me even more angry. "What the hell is wrong with you Mason? Why on earth did you put Nate in the fucking dungeons? Are you out of your stupid little mind? Do you even know how they treat you in there? I know that even i don't know how they treat you iin dungeons but i know that its not good. But you don't know anything about 'cause you have this great life of yours where everything goes the way you want it..." 

I stopped shouting when i felt those familiar soft, plump lips touch mine. I forgot about everything that was on my mine when i felt him kiss me. My hand involuntarily wrapped themselves around his neck, pulling him as close to me as possible.  I heard Mason growl as he pushed me against the wall.

"Mine. Only mine." Mason said as he pulled away from the kiss and ran his nose up my jaw line. I gasped at the feel. But i knew that i had to stop before things got too heated.

I pulled away from Mason, but his eyes made me scared as hell. His eyes were teary but totally black. This meant only one thing. Xavier is not happy. The sad look on his face made me want to cry my heart out. I've never seen him like this. He looks so.....broken.

"Mace" I whisper as softly as i can as i cup his cheeks so that he looks at me . Mason knelled down and hugged my waist like a kid those to his mom.  His next words totally broke. "Please don't leave me like you did before. Please don't hate me. I'll die if i lose you again." These words made my whole world stop.

Is Mason so much broken? Have i hurt him so much that he thinks that i hate him?

I couldn't stop the waterworks after that. I heard Mace sob. That made me kneel down to reach his level. I grabbed his face. "Mason I don't hate you. I never can. Its impossible for me to hate you Mace." I say as I rub the tears falling from his face. "Then why did you say that you hate me the day you rej....." He couldn't even complete the sentence when he started crying again. I couldn't think of anything to answer to his question. All i know is that i don't hate Mason. All i do is love Mason. but the problem is, that i love Nathan too.

I couldn't take this. I couldn't see my mate, my soulmate o go through such pain. I hugged him as he put his head in the crook of my neck. "Please don't hate me. I'll do everything you wan me to. I'll give you everything. Please don't be angry." I pulled Mason's face to see that his eyes were still black.

I kissed his forehead. "Mace. I amd not going anywhere. And i don't hate you. Its far from that. Its...Its just that I'm having a hard time to believe you. You did cheat on me and I can't just forget that." I take a breath before smiling at him. " But i promise that I won't leave you." And i'm sure of that.

Mason still hugged me tight with his head in my neck like i would fly away if he let go of me. His hug was so tight that i couldn't breath. "Mason.CAN'T. BREATH" I say laughing trying to make the environment in the room a little light. Mason losened his hold on me but didn't let me go. I think Xavier is very sad. Mason kept on murmuring 'mine' while holding me. 

It was like he was in a daze. "Mason, I promise you I really don't hate you." I say stroking his hair to make him relax. He just nods. I held him for a few minute before i started thinking about Nate. He really looked battered after Mason beat him. He was bleeding for God's sake. "Mason can you please  let Nate go?" 

Mason's hold on me tightened and he growled. "You're mine. Only mine. Not that jerk's." he said. "If you don't let him out of that dungeon then I'll have to leave you 'cause I can't live with a person who put my lov...friend in a place like that." I say pushing Mason away and walking upstairs to the room Mason kept me in. If this was the only way to get Nathan out of there then so be it. I felt a pang in my chest at the thought of me pushing Mason away, but i know  that i had to do that for the safety of Nathan.

"Okay" I hear Mason shout from behind me. I turn around to face Mason looking down at the floor with his fists clenched. " I'll let Nathan go, but you've to do something in exchange. Consider it a deal." I nod telling him to go on.

"You'll have to stay right here, next to me like you're supposed to. The place where you belong." He said pointing at the ground, at the place next to him.

Do I really want to stay here? Will I be able to let go of Nathan? Is Mason my one and only? "Okay" I whisper before even i made a decision. I mean this is the right thing right? Nathan will be able to get out and I'll stay with Mason, my mate, who was born to be with me. 

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Mason's voice. "Its done. Nathan is out. I mindlinked the dungeon guards to get him out of there. And he's headed towards the hospital where Caleb is. He'll be staying with Caleb and Sam. You're never allowed to meet him. Ever. And you're not allowed to leave this house unless I tell you. Understand?" Mason says sternly. I nod. Mason walks away leaving me dumbfound. What have i done? Wasn't freedom everything I wanted from the start?

A deal is a deal. And this deal made my freedom fly out the window.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey peeps. So i decided to continue the question thingy. And today's questions are...dundundun

1. which is better: Divergent or The Hunger Games?

2. What is the one thing you'll want, if you're stranded in a island?

3.(the most commom and boring one) What's your favourite colour?

Thanks for all the likes, comments and follows............BIEEEEEEEEEEEEEe