CHAPTER 22- The fire

MELISSA'S POV

I woke in the morning to find no Mason. Instead there was a note on the table. 'Goodmorning Mel. I'm sorry that i had to go without meeting you, but i had some important things to take care of. Love you. -Mason' . Mason's really busy nowadays, maybe i'll visit him in his office some day. I really need to get out of this house and explore. I have never seen his office..I sighed and got off the bed, yawning. I stretched a little before walking towards the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and took a shower. I wore a black sweatpants with a white shirt. I put my hair into a messy bun and went downstairs.

I walk downstairs following the smell of pancakes. I walk in the kitchen to find Sam sitting on Caleb's lab. They were sucking each other's face. Nathan was the one making pancakes. I chose to ignore Nathan. "Get a room guys." i say. They both pull off. "Good morning Mel" they both say in unison turning red. "Hey Mel" it was Nathan who said that. I ignored him and opened the fridge to get some milk to eat cereal. I didn't want to eat the pancakes that were made by Nathan. He looked at me with desperation in his eyes. " Mel please can we talk." he says looking at his hands. I scowled at him before saying, "No we can't because i don't want to repeat what happened before. Why can't you just leave me alone." I shout. Sam looks at us confused. "Baby lets go upstairs" Caleb says. Sam was about to protest, but Caleb picked her up before she could say anything.

I looked at Nathan. More like glare at him. He was looking down at me with sorry eyes. "Can we talk now? Please?" Nathan asks. I sigh and nod my head. I mean it won't hurt me to listen to him once right. And he didn't even get a chance to rape me as i was saved before it happened.

"Look Mel i'm sorry okay? I know what i did to you was the stupidest thing i-i have ever done in my whole life and i feel guilty about it whenever i think about you or see you. I really want you t-to forgive me. Now when i look at the past and think about what i did, all i want to do is say sorry to you. And i know that you won't forgive this fast, but please ju-just give me chance. Give me chance to make things better between the two of us. All i'm asking is for you to forgive and we being friends. Please give me a chance Mel. Please. I will do everything to deserve your trust again. And i won't give up even if it takes forever. Please?" he had tears pooling in his eyes. I've never seen him this vulnerable.

I almost give in. Key word 'almost'. I take a deep breathe thinking about what i should do? I should give him a chance. I mean everyone deserves a second chance right? 'What should i do Sierra? Do i give him a second chance or do i ignore him for the rest of my life while he tries to make up with me?' I ask my wolf. 'I think you should give him a chance. He's really trying hard to make it up to you. Give him a chance.'

Oh god..... Mason's going to kill Nathan when he finds out that Nathan was the one who tried to rape me. And then he'll kill me when he finds out that i'm giving him a second chance. I don't even know why , but i said "Okay i'm giving you one chance. Just one. But if you do anything that makes me angry or uncomfy, I will not give you a third chance. Understand?" I said. "Yeah" he looked like a dog who found a bone. He fist pumped. "Thank you so much Mel. You won't regret your decision. I swear." I giggle at his silliness.

I turn serious and say, " You better make me choco chip pancakes." He stops cheering and nods at me. "Right away your highness." I haven't forgiven Nathan completely, I still need time to trust him after what he did to me. i tap the table and try to communicate to Mason. I should visit him afterwards.

"Here you go." My train of thoughts were cut off by a plate of delicious pancakes in front of me. "Bon appetit" He says giving me a big smile. I grab my forks and dive in. I take the first bite and moan. I hear Nathan chuckle. I glare at him. He smiles at my attempt to act angry when clearly i wasn't. "What did you put in these pancakes? They are so fucking delicious" I say having another humongous bite. "Its a secret." He says in a deep voice. I don't know why but my heart flutters. I look into his deep blue eyes for what feels like day, but it was only a few seconds. I clear my throat and look away from his eyes and continue eating. After i finish I put the plate in the sink and help Nathan with the dishes.

"If you make more delicious food like that for me everyday, I might forgive you sooner." I say chuckling. He looks at me and laughs. He looked so cut... What he fuck? Why am i having this thoughts. "That's a good thing." Nathan says.

After talking and washing dishes with Nathan I decide to go upstairs to my room. I decide to watch some movie, so i grab my laptop and jump on my bed. "Snacks. I need snacks." I say and get off the bed and go downstairs. I get myself a bag of cheetos and a big bottle of coke. I go upstairs and lay on my bed with my snacks and laptop. I start watching 22 jumpstreet. OMG. Channing tatum is so hot. I was literally drooling.

I was watching the movie when i smelt something. It smelt like something was burning. I stop the movie and get off the bed. I walk towards the door. I open it and close it instantly when i saw fire all around the hallway. I start hyperventilating. There's only one thing that i'm afraid of and that is fire. I have pyrophobia. When i was 7, my room caught fire and i was trapped in it. If it wasn't for my mum, I would have died that day.

It becomes hard for me to breath. I try to mind-link Mason, but he has his wall up, so i'm can't. I hear screams coming from downstairs and i know immediately that it was Sam. When i listen more carefully, I hear her scream my name. I get myself together by taking deep breaths. I walk towards the window and open it, but take a step back when i realize that i can't jump from it as it was atleast 5 floors high. "HELP ME" I shout. My door gets on fire and the rooms starts filling with smoke. I cough for air. I cold feel tears running down my eyes. "MELISSA" I hear someone shout my name from outside. I walk towards the window coughing. "HELP ME" I shout back when i see Nathan, Caleb and Sam in the backyard. "DON'T MOVE I'M COMING." He says. "WHERE THE HELL WILL I MOVE DUMBASS" I shout. I really need Mason. Where the hell is he?

I look bak and see that half of my room was on fire. I can't see anything clearly now. My lungs start burning from all the smoke i've inhaled. I cough. My vision starts getting blurry. I can feel my legs go weak. I fall on the floor. I see the door fall on the floor and Nathan standing there. His lips were moving but i couldn't hear anything. I couldn't breath and then that happened. I fainted with one thing on my mind. Where ia Mason?

HEY GUYS THANKS FOR ALL THE READS......i STILL CAN'T BELIVE THAT I GOT MORE THAN 5000 READS. THANKS EVERYONE.....