CHAPTER 11- Attacked

AFTER A FEW DAYS

MELISSA'S POV

Todays the day i go home again. My parents and Cristy and Cayden visited everyday for the past 1 week. Yeah i was in the hospital for a week and it sucked. I still have my cast and bandages on, but the doctor said that i can go home, but will have to rest a lot. Mason said that he'll make sure of that. And i'm assuming that he won't let me do anything on my own.

I put on a tank top and a pair of Mason's basketball shorts. He said that he doesn't want me to wear anything tight because of my leg. Mason comes into the hospital room after i got dressed. "Ready babe?" he asks. "Yup" i say excited to be back home. I get up to walk, but Mason suddenly picks me bridal style. "You know that i can walk right?" i ask him with annoyance in my voice. "You know you should wear my clothes more often. it looks good on you" he says changing the subject. He has been doing this since the accident. He doesn't let me walk. He feeds me like a baby and worst of all he goes to the bathroom with me because he thinks that i might slip, but i make him turn around while I do my business. "Yeah i know. But what if you fall down or something?" he asks with his infamous smirk plastered on his face. I don't respond.

We get in the car and go home. "Hey Mason can we go get something to eat? i' m starving" i say while rubbing my stomach and pouting. The hospital's food was horrible. Mason looks at me and says "Anything for you Mel."  We go to McDonald's before going  home. 

We enter the house me still in Mason's arms. He doesn't want me to walk on my own because he thinks that i'll hurt my leg. Mason takes me upstairs and puts me on the bed. "Now you're not allowed to get out of the bed understand?" he says pointing a finger at me. "Yes daddy." i say in a baby voice. "Good girl" Mason says with a smile. he kisses the top of my head and exits the room. He said that he had some work. I was bored out of my mind so i decided to play games in my new cell phone that Mason bought me. Thank god its new. No more Mr.I'm your mate. I felt kind of sleepy so i made myself comfortable in bed. I still can't move around much because of my healing ribs. Before i know it i fall asleep dreaming about unicorns.

MASON'S POV

The war is in 2 days. we had to prepare as fast as we could. i haven't told Melissa about it yet because both me and her father are going to fight and i don't want her to worry. "Alpha Mason we will need all the children and women to be shifted to the safe house by tomorrow sir. These are rogues we're fighting with. They can attack anytime." Rick, my 3rd in command says. "You're right gather all the women and children in the training field now. First we'll count them and then we'll take them to the safe house. And i'm going to get Melissa." He nods and goes to the pack house with others to gather the women.

I reach our home. i go upstairs and find Melissa sleeping. she looked so cute. I sat beside her on the bed. She was snoring a little. "Mel.Baby wake up." i say stroking her hair. "Give me five more minutes. i'm tired."she says. I just stroke her face and hair. I try once more. "Baby we need to go the safe house. wake up." She grabs my arm and hugs it tightly. Then she pulls me in the bed with her and she lays on top of me. Her head in the crook of my neck and hands hugging me tight. I put her broken leg on top of pillow and was carefull enough not to touch her wrist. I look at her lovingly. She's so beautiful. How did i become so lucky to have her as my mate. I know that she's a little stubborn, childish and rebellious, but this is what i like about her. She different. a good different. I relax with her on top of me. I wrap my arms around her tiny figure.

I hear her phone beep. I know that i shouldn't check but my curiousity was killing me. I picked her phone. She recieved a message. It was from an unknown number. Should i read it? 'come on read  it. its just a text'  Xavier said in my mind. 'but what if she thinks that  don't trust her?' i ask him. 'come on look at her. she's sleeping like a rock. she'll never know'

He was right she was never going to know. I opened the message. It said 'Hello babes. Miss me? I was so worried about you and that pretty little ass of your. i thought that i would never get to spank that. well, i don't have to worry anymore because you're alright. see you soon kitten

This made my blood boil. Who could say these kind of things to my mate? MY MATE. I start shaking. I think Melissa notice because she woke up and rubbed my hands up and down trying to calm me down. Melissa saw the phone on my hand. she took it out of my hand and read the text. Her eyes went wide.

MELISSA'S POV

I woke up because Mason was shaking underneath me. I knew that his wolf was surfacing so i started rubbing his arms. I saw the phone in his hand. I took it out of his hand and saw that I had a message from Mr. I'm your mate. I read the message. How could this happen? This is a new phone. Only my friends and family and Mason have this number. 

"Who is texting you Melissa?" Mason asked through gritted teeth. I can't tell him. He's already frustrated about the war coming and my condition. He has more greater problems than this. "Oh this is most probably one of my friends playing a prank on me. We always play pranks on each other" I lie. he shakes his head. He holds my waist and flips us over being careful not to hurt me. "iI know that you're lying Melissa. Tell me who is it? Or i'll mark you" he says. I couldn't lie to him anymore. I just stare at the ceiling. I feel Mason moving my hair out of the area where he's going to mark me. His face hovers over the area. I couln't take it anymore. "Okay i'll tell you. This guy texted me for the first time like a month ago when i was at school. Cristy and Cayden were late that day because their car broke down . I think that he was the one who did it so that he could text me alone. He texts me saying that i'm his mate. He even knows what i'm doing and everything. I never told you this because you already have too many problems in your life and they are more important than my problems."   

Mason looks at me with sadness in his eyes. "Baby there's nothing more important to me than you okay? Please tell me if anything ever bothers you. You should've told me this before. I love you so much. I can't lose you. and the last thing i want is some stalker taking you away from me" he says and hugs me tight. I nod " I will. I promise." 

We hug for a while. "You need to go to the safe house okay." he says. "Why?" i ask. "Baby the wars in 2 days. I didn't tell because i thought that you would be worried." WHAT? "The freaking war is in 2 days and you never told me?" i push Mason off of me. "How could you? Is my father fighting too? Are you fighting?" He nods his head in response. I shake my head. "I need to prepare." I tried getting out of the bed but Mason pushed me down. "You can't. Not in that condition. You're going to safe house with all the other women, who are not warriors and the children. Do i make myself clear? I almost lost you once. I won't be able to take it next time" he says and holds me tight against him. I nod my head not being able to reply.

We hug for a while when we hear an ear-piercing scream from downstairs. "ROGUES" someone shouted. Mason and I look at each other when the door slams open......