CHAPTER 20- Part of the pack.

MELISSA'S POV

Nathan? Are my eyes playing with me. I shake my head, close my eyes and take a deep breath. I open my eyes and see that there was indeed...Nathan standing at the door with a smile on his face. "Na-Nathan?" i stuttered. "Mel. What are you doing in Alpha Mason's house?" Nathan and his family were a part of our pack. "GET OUT"I growled anger taking over my body. "Mel please forg..." Nathan was cut of by Mason

"Melissa. Who is it?" I hear Mason shout from the kitchen. I look at Nathan and scowl. "No one." I shout back. I slap Nathan tight across the face "That's for saying that you loved me and making me fall in love with you". I punched him in the nose before he got a chance to response. I hope that it broke. Blood started gushing out of it. "And that's for trying to rape me. ASSHOLE" I slam the door on his face with a loud thud. There goes my good mood out the window. I walk in the kitchen with a scowl on my face and find my sandwich ready with Mason on top of the counter with a smile on his face. I forgot about Nathan almost instantly. "Here's your sandwich princess." To be honest I wasn't hungry anymore. But if you get a free good meal that looks delicious, then why deny it right?. I smile and grab my sandwich. "Thank you babe" I kiss him on the cheeks and start devouring my food. Mason grabs my waist as we walk towards the living room.

I think Nathan went away after i slammed the door on his face. I hope he's alright. Who the fuck am i kidding? I don't give two shits about him. Now that i think of it, I should've kicked his nuts off too, when i had the chance. 

"Who was at the door Mel." Mason asks as he frowns looking at my knuckles, which were bruised. I finish my sandwich and brush my hands on my shorts. "The sandwich was great. You should cook more often." I try to change the subject as i switch on the TV. Mason grabs my wrist observing my knuckles. "Oh yeah? Then what happened to your knuckles?" I sigh and turn to look at Mason. 

"Mason I need to tell you.." I start but get cut off by the sound of the door bell ringing. Mason looks at me, but shrugs his shoulders and gets off the couch. What? Does this really have to happen to me? I mean come on, I just mustered up enough courage to tell Mason about Nathan and the door bell had to ring. Can this day get anymore worse?

"MEL" I hear Sam's voice. I get off the couch, only to be tackled on the ground by Sam. "Ughh..That hurt" I say as i push Sam off of me. "I found my mate." She squealed like a little girl. "Oh my god. Really? " I ask as i pull her in a bone crunching hug. "I have waited so long for one." She said in a dreamy voice.  "Congrats" I say. I know how it feels when you find your mate."Wait....What's his name?" I ask as i smile at her.

Just as she was about to answer, Mason walks in with two more boys beside him. "Mel?" Holy shit is this real. "Caleb?" I ask with hope and excitement evident on my face. "Mellissa? It is you." He said as he pulled me in a really tight hug. You see, Caleb and I were inseparable as kids. He's dad was the old pack doctor, but he died. And their mother had cancer. Therefore Caleb, Nathan and their mother had to go to to New York for her treatment. 

"Caley Boo. I missed you so much." I say as i hug Caleb back. "Missed you too Mel bel." I heard Mason growl a 'MINE' as he pulled me out of Caleb's grasp. Mason was giving Caleb the deadliest stare, i have ever seen. I slapped Mason on the chest. He said 'ouch' but kept a protective arm around my waist. Sam squealed and jumped on Caleb's back. They looked so cute together. "Mel this is Caleb and Caleb this is Mel." Sam introduced us as if she didn't know that we knew each other. 

"Wait...Caleb's your mate?" I ask Sam pointing at Caleb. "Yeah. Why is there anything wrong?" Sam asks turning all serious. "No there's nothing wrong with it. Its fucking awesome. My both best friends are each other's mates. What can be more awesome than that?" I say as i hug them both. Caleb nods at me. 

"Where's Annie (Caleb and Nathan's mom)?" I ask. I see both Nathan and Caleb's face become sad at hearing about their mother. Nathan clears his throat. " She died last summer." Tears trickled in my eyes. "She was a great lady. She's in a better place now." I say as tears threaten to fall down my eyes. a few did. Caleb nods looking really sad. Sam was trying to cheer him up.

"Wait where will you guys be staying at?" I asked frowning my brows and wiping the tears away from my eyes. "Oh yeah...Nathan and i are going to assist the pack doctor." Caleb say, but he hesitates while taking Nathan's name in front of me. Caleb knows about what Nathan tried to do to me and he beat the shit out of Nathan when he came to know what happened." Yeah they are a member of this park from now on" Mason says. I was happy that Caleb will be staying here and is a pack member now, but I don't feel the same way with Nathan staying here.

 I see Nathan sitting alone in the living room with an ice pack on his face. Serves him right. I look away from him and hug Mason feeling kind of tired. This heat really makes me tired. I snuggle in his chest.

Mason hugs me back. "Baby. Are you feeling cold?" Mason asked with concern. I yawn as an answer. "You want to go to bed?" Mason asked. I nodded my head. Mason picked me bridal style as i put my head on his chest. "I will talk to guys later. Mel needs to go to bed. Its the crazy heat hormones making her feel all tired." I hear Mason say as i close my eyes. " You can use the guestrooms." Mase says. I snuggle more into Mason's chest as he takes me upstairs. He gently put me on the bed and tucks me in. After a few second, i feel the bed dip a little. Mason pulled me closure to him and wrapped an arm around my waist. "Good night Mel love you." He says. "I love you too." I mumble as i fall into my deep slumber.