CHAPTER 21- Will try my best

NATHANS POV

I rang the door bell of Alpha Mason's mansion. Caleb and i used to live in this pack a long time ago. I used to date Caleb's bestfriend Melissa. She was the prettiest girl i have ever seen. God i loved her. I regret trying to rape her. I should've controled my body. I never saw after what happened. My train of thoughts were cut off when i heard a female voice say something from the other side. I know that voice from somewhere but i can' remember whom it belonged to. 

The door swung open and my heart stopped. There stood in the door was Melissa. What the fuck?What was she doing here? "Na-Nathan?" she stuttered. Oh how i missed that voice. I couldn't look in her beautiful eyes after what i did to her. To be honest i loved her. "Mel. What are you doing in Alpha Mason's house?" It took all my strength to ask her that. She looked even more beautiful than before. Her blonde hair has become longer and more golden-ish "GET OUT" she growled with a scowl on her face. Those two words broke my heart. Is she still angry with me? 'Who wouldn't? You idiot.' said Michael my wolf. I knew that he was right. God, I am such an asshole. I had to apologize to her. I had to.

 "Mel please forg..." I start, but get cut off by Alpha Mason's voice."Melissa. Who is it?" I hear Alpha Mason shout from inside. Wait a minute. Is Melissa Alpha's mate? I don't know why but that though broke me from inside. She looked at me and said "No one."She slapped me hard on my left cheek. "That's for saying that you loved me and making me fall in love with you" she said and punched me in the nose. I think i heard a crack. Blood started gushing out of my nose. "And that's for trying to rape me. ASSHOLE" She slammed the door on my face.

I groaned in pain. I didn't know that a girl could hit so hard. 'We deserved this' Michael says in a sad tone. 'Yeah we did' I say. I turn back and get in my car. I have to get Caleb. Maybe he'll distract Melissa and she'll not hit the crap out of me. I reach the where the doctors live. We were given this house yesterday. 

I open the door with the spare key that i had with me. "Caleb" I shout. "I'm here." I hear Caleb shout from the kitchen. I hear giggling as i get near it. It must be Sam. She's Caleb's mate. He found her yesterday when we went to the hospital. Her friend had a long gash on her arm, so Sam was there. They look really good together.

"Hey Sam. Don't you want to go home?" I ask trying to get rid of her. Don't get me wrong. Sam's a great girl, but i need to talk to Caleb about Mel. Caleb glared at me. "She's not going home. She's staying here tonight. With me. " Caleb said angrily. I groaned. "Sam i need to talk to my stupid brother alone for a minute if you don't mind." I said glaring at Caleb. A sense of realization hit Caleb's face. Sam looked at Caleb. He nodded. 

After Sam went upstairs, I turned to look at Caleb to find him staring at me with anger written all over his face. "Don't talk to her like that ever again. She's my mate and i think you should respect that. And what the fuck even happened to your face?" Caleb was right, but i didn't have time to listen to his lecture right now. "Melissa happened. Caleb listen to me." I say pulling him to the living room, farther away from the staircase. "She's here. Mel is here. I think she's Alpha Mason's mate. I need to apologize to her but she won't listen to me." I said.

"So what do want too do? Try to rape her again?" Caleb asked with anger filled in his voice. He stood up and started walking upstairs, but i stopped him. "Please Caleb. I can't live with this guilt. I want to apologize to her for everything. I know what i did was wrong. Ju- just please help me." I say with pleading eyes. Caleb sighed. "Okay i will see what i can do." Caleb says. He walks to the direction where Sam went. "SAM?" Caleb shouts. 

Sam came downstairs and jumped in Caleb's hands. I wanted that to be Mel and me. Ugh get yourself together Nate. She's with someone else. I try to tell myself, but my heart doesn't listen. But, I know that she won't live me after what i did to her. If she doesn't want me, I won't force her. I will walk out of her life if she wants me to.

My train of thoughts were cut off by Caleb walking in my room with Sam in his arms. She was sucking his neck and was moaning. Wow. Someone's horny. "Nathan. We need to go to Sam's house? She wants us to meet her brother." Caleb says pulling her closure to him. Sam said that her parents were killed by rogues, so she lives with her brother. "Oh okay." I say getting off of my bed and grabbing my keys. "Where do you live?" I ask Sam. "Oh the Alpha Mansion. I'm Mason's sister." My heart started pounding hard. So Mason was Sam's brother which means that we'll be visiting the Alpha mansion a lot, which means that i'll be seeing Mel a lot. That's good. Maybe i can make her forgive me. I'll try my best to be her friend. 

I look at Caleb and nod making sure that Sam doesn’t notices. I didn't want her to know about my past yet. It might even ruin Caleb and her relationship and i don't want another person broken because of me. We go downstairs and get inside the car driving off towards the Alpha mansion.  

Sam rang the bell. We were outside the mansion waiting for someone to open the door. I expected Mel to open the door, but to my disappointment Alpha Mason opened it. I don't know why but i couldn't control me feelings towards her. Even my wolf is a peace whenever she is around.

Sam hugged her brother. "Mason i found my mate." She stepped aside. "Caleb meet my brother Mason and Mason this is Caleb, my mate. And that's Nathan, his brother." She says. "Yeah I know them. Since a long time actually." Mason says. "Oh" was all Sam said.

We walked inside behind Mason, while Sam ran inside shouting for Mel. Mason and Caleb were talking, while I was thinking about how to become friends with Mel again. After some time, Mel and Caleb had a small reunion talk. I went to the kitchen to find a pack of ice for my nose as it hurt like hell. I grab a pack and sit down on a chair with the ice pack on my face. I saw Mel look at me with satisfaction on her face. I know why she had a satisfied look. It was because she did what i deserved.

Mel looks away and hugs Mason, which makes my jealous, but i can't do anything about it. Alpha Mason is her true soul mate. I shouldn't interfere between their life. Mason asks something to Mel and she replies to him. I couldn't what they were talking about. But i had the idea when Mason picked Mel up bridal style. He said that she was tired because of her heat. And that we can use the guestrooms. Oh my god, she's on her heat? Did she have sex with mason? Is she fully mated? These questions were running through my mind like a rocket.

I went upstairs toward one of the many guestrooms. i lay on my bed after changing into basketball shorts. I stare at the ceiling and think. I think about how i dated Mel. How i fell for her. How i tried to rape her. How i broke her trust towards Males. How i should've stopped myself. 

But mainly, How to become Mel's friend again? I will try my best to show her that i'm not the same person i was. I have changed after i realised how wrong it was of me to do that to her. I do anything to gain her trust again.