CHAPTER 30- Soon

MASON'S POV

I was in my house cooking breakfast for myself when there was knock on the door. I put the last pancake on the plate and ran towards the door. I asked a pack member to keep an eye on Melissa while i was working. While patrolling some warrior found footprints of rogue packs near the border and i had to check it out. We have to be prepared for war. These rogues can attack anytime.  

Melissa is supposed to be with me. Running this pack by my side, but i can't make it up to her until i prove her that i didn't do have sex with that girl deliberately. But i promised myself and Xavier to get her back. She belongs to me and not anyone else. I growl at the thought of her being with someone else. 

I open the door to fing Chase, the pack warrior i asked to keep an eye on Melissa. "Chase" I nod at him and gesture for him to come in. " Alpha Mason, I have some important news for you." Chase said with an anxious look on his face. 

"Is Melissa okay? Is she hurt? Did that asshole do anything to her?" I ask my fist clenching. Chase looked down, " No. Sh-" He pauses. "TELL ME OR I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU" I say slamming him against the wall. Fear was evident in his eyes. "Sh-she loves him Alpha. She confessed to him that she loves.." I didn't let him finish the sentence as i started running towards my door. I opened the door and ran out. I was running through the forest towards Mel's house. I jumped over a log, ripping my clothes and turning into my wolf. 

I only had one thing on my mind. Kill Nathan and mate with Melissa. I know that she isn't ready to mate yet, but i have to do it to make our bond stronger. That way she won't ever be able to leave me. She's mine and will forever be mine. I howled and ran faster towards her house.

MELISSA'S POV

Nathan and i were in my room, cuddled up on the bed, with my head resting on his chest. The sound of his beating heart felt like song to my hears. We were talking about anything and everything. 

We were thinking about going to the park today when a question popped into my head. " Hey Nate?" I asked playing with his fingers. " Yeah" He said. I looked up at him to find him already looking down at me. " What will happen when you find your mate?" 

Nathan smiled a sad smile. He wrapped his arms tighter around me. "Mel i already found my mate." I looked at him confused. "Where is she?" I asked curious. " She died" , he said as tears were pooling in his eyes. "How?" I asked before i could stop myself. "I-I..uhh" He stammered.

I quickly plopped up on my elbow and wiped the tears that were falling down his cheeks." You don't have to tell me f you don't want to." I said. I don't know how he must have felt when she died, but I can tell that it must have felt like taking a bullet to your chest. Even if i rejected Mason, i know that i will breakdown if he dies. I'll go crazy if anything happens to him.

Nathan shook his head. "No i want to" I keep silent not knowing what to say. I see a faint smile on his face as he starts. "Her name was Violet. I met her before i came back here. Sh-She was this cute little redhead. She was like a tiny ball of energy. She had the cutest smile." He raised his hand to his right cheek." She had a cute little dimple on her right cheek. I loved her Mel. She just came and swept the world from my feet. And she liked skittles too. Just like you."He said as he gripped my hand.

Nathan looked at me as if he was imagining Violet in from of his eyes. "One day, her pack was attacked by rogues. Sh-she asked me to find her brother while tried to find her parents. I objected, but she said that she would be fine. I believed that she would be fine and tried to find her brother. But i was wrong. I found her brother with her parents and asked them to go to the town and stay there while i find Violet. I ran towards the area where i last saw Violet, but she wasn't there. I looked for her everywhere and at last i found her. She was lying on the ground wheezing for air." He pauses and takes a deep breath. " I ran towards her. I saw that she had this fucking gash in her stomach. There was so much blood. So much blood oozing out of it. I took her hand and said 'Baby it will be alright. Hang on okay' But she shook her head 'I love you Nate. I'll always love you. I'm sorry we never had a forever. I'm sorry. I love you.' She rubbed my cheek and then i felt her hand fall on my lap. I sto-stopped feeling the bond. H-her sm-smell faded." 

Nathan was sobbing by now. He pulled closer to him and hugged me tightly. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. I wiped the tears that were falling freely from both of our eyes. "Shhh....I'm right here." I say while rubbing his back.

We stayed like that, when suddenly, I smelt a familiar smell 'Mason' Sierra said. I was confused as to why i could smell when suddenly  heard a loud bang downstairs. Nate looked  at me. i got up from the bed with Nate behind me. I opened the door and slowly walked downstairs to find Mason standing there looking furious. I can imagine smoke coming  out of his ears. I would have laughed but i don't think that this is a funny situation.

Mason looked at me, then looked behind me at Nate. What he said next made me scared as hell. "I'm going to kill you"

UNKNOWN POV

My plan is working. I looked at Mason running towards Melissa's house. I'm sure that he's going to kill Nathan. Then Melissa won't talk to him ever again. All i want is both these guys out of my way. All i want is Melissa. "Soon you'll be mine Melissa."