CHAPTER 12- The war

FLASHBACK

We hug for a while when we hear an ear-piercing scream from downstairs. "ROGUES" someone shouted. Mason and I look at each other when the door slams open......

MELISSA'S POV

In an instant Mason carries me bridal style. We passed a couple of rogues fighting our warriors. Mason held me tighter to his chest. I saw some members of our pack taking the women and children to the safe. This isn't suppose to happen. The wasn't supposed to happen so soon. I saw a little boy of our pack fall down while running. "Mason stop. Help him" i jump of Mason's arm, being careful not to put pressure on my broken leg. I limp/hop towards the boy with Mason right behind him. "Mason help him stand up" i tell Mason. Mason tries to pick the boy but he falls again. "Carry him." I say helping the little kid up. "Mel you can't walk in that leg." Mason says grabbing my hand. "Yes i can. Carry him now." i say in a stern voice.

Mason picks the boy up and takes my hand in his. I hear a loud growl coming from behind us. We turn around and see a wolf standing there. Mason puts the little kid down and changes into his midnight black wolf. I have never seen a black wolf in my life. I only heard stories about how strong they are. Mason slowly walked towards the other wolf and pounds on him. In less then a second the wolf is on the ground. Dead.

"Melissa go to the safe house now" Mason says through mind link. "No i won't leave you out here. i can fight okay?" i argue. "Melissa please go. i don't want you get hurt. Please baby go now." His voice was softer this time. I don't know why but i didn't want to leave him. the kid buried his face in the crook of my neck and was crying. "I love you baby. please go"  when i heard him say that my whole world turned upside down. My stomach was fluttering. I love Mason. I FUCKING FELL IN LOVE WITH THE GUY I WAS TRYING TO RUN AWAY FROM. 

A tear slipped from my eyes. "I love you too Mason" i say. Mason gives me a wolfy grin, but he looked like a wolf who had constipation. "You don't know how happy i'm to hear that." he says still through mind link because he can't speak in his wolf form. He comes near me and licks my face. "Mason please come with me." I say hugging him. what if i loose him in this war. I can't let that happen. I just realized that i love him. I think moon goddess won. she made me fall in love at last.

Mason licks my face one last time. "go now" he runs to the other direction where all the rogues and pack warriors were fighting. I felt myself being pulled up. I look at the person who was pulling me and saw that it was a female warrior from our pack. "Come Luna we can't stay here. Its too dangerous. We need to keep you safe." she said while taking the boy from my hand. He put his head in her shoulder still crying a little. "Shh Jason don't cry" the warrior says to the little kid. So that's his name.

We get to the safe house. The warrior opens the door which was pure metal. She put in a code and he door opened. She helped me in. there were many women and kids sitting/ standing inside. She helped me sit in a seat and put a cushion under my broken leg. "Its okay. I don't need it. Give it to someone else" i say to her. "Please Luna. Take it. I know that you're trying to help, but take it." I just nod. "What's your name?" I ask her. "Its Leslie, Luna" she says slowly picking my leg and putting it on the cushion. "Thank you Leslie" i say smiling at her. She smiles back and nods before going to help others. I look around the big room. It was filled with kids running around, unknown to what was happening outside and women and teens trying to act normal around the children.

My mind wonders off to what Mason was doing. i didn't want him to get hurt. 'He's going to be okay don't worry Mel' my wolf said. 'How can you be so sure?' i asked her. 'I'm not, but having hope makes things possible'  she says with sadness in he voice. 'Wow that's the like the best thing you've ever said to me. Xavier is also going to be alright. We don't have o worry.  I mean Mason is the strongest alpha. Nothing will happen' I say to her and myself. 

It was silent for a moment. then all of a sudden there was a loud bang from outside. we all looked the door. BANG. The door moved a little. Someone was trying to break through the door. BANG. "Everyone move back." Leslie said. She and some other warriors stood around the door. "Help the Luna stand up. Take care of her." some other warrior said. Some girls came and helped me stand up. we all moved a litle back. BANG. The door fell and there stood at least 10 rogues standing there with a big cylinder of metal in there hand. so that's how they broke the door.

One of the rogues, i guess the leader, comes forward. "Where is she?" he asks in a dangerous voice. "Move back and we won't hurt you" one of the guard says. the rogue laughs. "hurt me?"  in a blink of the eye, the guard was on the floor, dead. "I will give you one more chance where the hell is Melissa?" My eyes went wide. No one said anything. they all kept their heads down, while the other warrior changed into their wolves snarling at the rogues. "Very well then" the rogue says. All the other rogues changed into their wolves and started fighting our pack warriors. the pack warriors were getting hurt and it was my fault. the rogues wanted me and i won't be able to forgive myself if anyone of these people died because of me. i saw a rogue on top of leslie's wolf. i didn't want her too die because of me. so i did the only thing that came to my mind. i took a step forward, coming to the front and shouted "STOP". Everyone stopped fighting. they all  looked at me. i saw a smirk appear on the leader's face. "I will go with you. I don't anyone getting hurt because of me. Just stop killing innocent people." I say, looking directly at the leader. I hear many 'don't do this' from the people. I looked at the people and the warriors. "If you leave them alone, i will go with you." "Don't do this Luna" a pretty blonde girl says tugging at my shirt. i look at her with sadness. "I have to. Can you tell Mason that I love him please?" i ask her. she nods.

"Come on kitten you don't want anyone to die because you're wasting time do you?" the leader say taking his hand out for me to take. I shake my head and  take a step forward. "Texting you wasn't enough for me. I had to have you." he said in my ear holding my waist. His touch made me want to puke. Wait a second. Did he just say texting you? "you...." i couldn't even finish my sentence. everything went dark....