CHAPTER 22- Broken

NATHAN'S POV

After Mel went upstairs, I went to the guestroom where i was staying. I still can't believe that she gave me a second chance. I am sure i looked like an idiot who just won a lottery right now because of the stupid smile plastered on my face. I closed the door and fell on the bed. I was staring at the ceiling. I was thinking about Mel all the time. The way she scrunches her nose whenever a strand of hair comes in front of her eyes. The way her blue eyes shine, whenever she's happy or excited or the way she  pouts when she's upset. Her smile. Her pink, soft lips. Her blonde wavy hair. HER.

I jump out of my bed. "I can't fall for her. I can't. She's with someone else. Soon she'll be mated. I can't do this. I can't love her." I chant as i pace around the room. I can't love her. She has a mate for fuck's sake. I throw my pillow across the room. I know that i have fallen for her. But i know that i am not going to tell her or anyone. She barely gave me a second chance i can't ruin this time. I won't.

I was sitting on the bed looking at the floor when i smelt something. It was the smell of something burning. I jumped out of bed and opened my door to see that the house was on fire. I saw Caleb coming out of the other guest room right next to mine with Sam wrapped protectively wrapped around his arms. "How did this happen?" Caleb asked as he ran towards me. "I don't know. We should get out of here. " Caleb nodded and ran towards the back door with Sam behind him. "Wait. Where's Melissa?" I ask looking around the living room trying to find any sign of her. "She's most probably outside. She's not stupid to stay inside a house which is in fire." Caleb shouted. I nodded before running outside with them hoping that Mel was outside. I don't want to loose her. 

We got outside and took in long breathes. I frantically looked around to find Mel. But she wasn't here. "HELP ME" I hear a shout. I knew exactly where it was coming from. I look up to see Mel in her window. "MELISSA" I shout to see it she's alright. I could hear her coughing badly. Shit. Caleb and Sam look at her and i could see fear written in their faces. "DON'T MOVE I'M COMING" I say. "WHERE THE HELL WILL I MOVE DUMBASS" she shouted. I would've laughed at her smart ass comment, but this wasn't a situation where you laugh. I could loose her. She moved inside her room. 

I ran as fast as i could inside the house ignoring all the shouts of Caleb and Sam. I only cared about one thing right now and that was Melissa. I climbed up the stairs and faced the hallway that lead to Mel's room. It was on fire. I saw that if i could jump with all my force i would land just in front of her door, which was on fire. I took a few steps back. I took a deep breathe and ran as forcefully as i could. I jumped and landed perfectly. I turned to face the door. I heard a thump from inside and it made my heart beat fast. What if something happened to my Mel? What if she's.... NO. I need to think positive. 

I kicked the door as hard as i could. The scene that was in front of me made my heart drop. Mel was on the floor and by the looks of it she couldn't breathe properly. I saw her eyes shut slowly as i ran by her side. "Mel" I said as i picked her up bridal style. She wasn't breathing properly and i knew that i had to do something. I held her tightly as i walked towards the way where i came from. I jumped with all my force and landed stumbling a little. I held Mel closely to my body as i went downstairs and out the door. "Oh my god Mel" Sam came running towards us with tears flowing down her cheeks. "Is she breathing?" Caleb asked as he followed Sam. I lay Mel on the grass and look if her heart was beating. It was. I felt relieved that she was alive. "She's not breathing." I say as tears pool up in my eyes. I do the only thing i could doo to help her. I put my lips on her soft ones and help her breathe. After five minutes she started breathing on her own. I pulled her to my chest as she opened her eyes and was coughing. "Don't do that to me ever. Understand?" I say as we rock her body like a mother would do to her child. She nodded and wrapped her arms around my torso. 

Sam stopped crying and crouched next to us hugging Mel and me. Soon Caleb joined. We had a group hug. "Guys can't breathe." we hear Mel mutter. "Oh sorry" Sam says and lets go of her. Mel nodded her head and snuggled closer to me. I rubbed her back softly. "Thank you" Melissa mumbles as she closes her eyes. "Sleep Mel" I as i wrap and protective arm around her knowwing that she forgave me.

MELLISA'S POV

I woke to the sound of someone's heart beating. I pulled my head back to see Nathan sleeping peacefully with his arms wrapped protectively around me. I look around and see that we were in his car with Sam in the passenger's seat and Caleb driving the car. I look back at Nathan's face. He changed so much since the last time saw him. He looked more mature and strong. I can feel that he changed. He changed for good. I didn't know how long i was staring at him until the car stopped at a gas station. Nathan opened his eyes alarmed. His hold on me tightened. When he saw that there wasn't any danger, he looked at me and smiled. I don't know why but i felt butterflies in my stomach. "Look who's awake"we both look at Sam, who was looking back at us from her seat.

Nathan unwrapped his arms around me as me sat properly on his seat. I missed his touch immediately. What the fuck is happening to me?  I wanted to be holded by him. OH SNAP OUT OF IT MELISSA. I sit straight on my seat. "Where are we going?" I ask Sam. "We're going to the pack office to meet Mason. We tried to mindlink him, but he has blocked everyone out. I nodded with a smile on my face at the mention of Mason's name. Caleb started the car once again after it was  filled. He looked back from his seat and smiled at me. "Thank god. you're okay." he said as he started the engine.

"Are we there yet?" I asked getting impatient..

"No" Caleb replied.

I looked at Nathan to find him staring out the window with a frown plastered to his face..

"Now?" I asked again.

"No."

"Now?"

"No"

I paused for a second.

"Now?"

"NO" both Caleb and Sam shouted.

"Okay...okay. No need to be all snappy." I say as i wait impatiently.

After fifteen minutes we reach the place where Mason's office is. Its the place where all the pack meetings are held. I have never been to this place before. Our pack is very vast, so we need an office to maintain this pack. I jump out the car as soon as it stopped. I ran towards the entrance and opened the large doors to find many of our pack member's doing work. They were most probably discussing about our pack boundaries and safety and stuff. I didn't care about what they did. I just wanted Mason right next to me.

I look around the room to find any sign of him. I see the reception and walk towards it. There was pretty brunette sitting there and typing away on her computer. I cleared my throat to get her attention. She looked up at me and gasped. "Luna? Oh my god are you okay?" She asked with a frown on her face. I surely looked like an old worn out shoe now. My clothes were burnt here and there. My hair looked like a nest. "Yeah i'm fine. Can you please tell me where Mason is?" I ask. "Go straight down that hallway." She pointed to one of the many hallways. Now that ii look at it properly, this place was huge.

"Turn left , then right and there it is  the second door to the right." I thanked her and started making my way towards his office. I saw Caleb, Sam and Nathan enter from the front door. They were looking around trying to find the reception maybe. But i don't wait for them and make my way towards Mason's office, with a need to see him. I don't know why, but i felt that something bad was about to happen. Something that could break me. I push the negative thoughts out of my head as I  stand in front of the door. I take a deep breath and open the door. Tears immediately pool up in my eyes at  the sight in front of me.. There was a girl on the table with Mason on top of her, both moaning and grunting.   My whole world just shattered in the blink of an eye.

HEY PEOPLE OF EARTH! HANKS FOR ALL THE VOTES AND READS. LOVE YOU ALL. AND I'M SORRY I WON'T BE ABLE TO POST FOR A FEW DAYS AS I HAVE EXAMS..*SOBBING*