CHAPTER 8- Unknown number

MELISSA'S POV

I woke up with Mason's arm wrapped around my waist and his head resting on my stomach. He looked so peaceful that it broke me to wake him. "Mason wake up" i say shaking him a little. "Mmmm" his hold on my waist tightens and he burries his face more into my stomach. I start laughing. I am ticklish. Mason grins and starts tickling my sides. "Is my kitten ticklish?" he said in a baby voice while tickling me harder. "Aaahh. Stop i need to pee." I say between laughs. I really need to pee. He let go of me after hearing that. I jump off the bed walking towards the bathroom. i can still hear him laughing.

I get out of the bathroom after brushing and stuff. I find the room empty so i get dressed in a simple white shirt and blue shorts. I go downstairs after putting on my white shoes. I find Mason in the kitchen making waffles. I go behind him and give him a hug. "Hey" i say after letting go of him. I sit on the kitchen stool. "Hey. all ready for school?" he asked while serving me a plate of waffles and kissing my forehead. I instantly feel lightheaded. "Yep" I say while eating my waffles.  Mason sat in front of with his plate. 

I put my plate in the sink and start towards the door after taking my keys from the table. Mason holds my hand and hugs me. "I'm really sorry about yesterday. you can visit your family after school. the guards won't follow you." he says while kissing my cheeks. "Thank you" i say as i hug him. After about 5 seconds i pull apart, but a part of me doesn't want to let him go. I get in my car and wave at Mason who is standing by the door before driving off.

I reach school after a 10 minute ride. I enter the building to find no Cayden or Cristy. Maybe they are late today because they always get to school before me. I go to my locker to get the required books out. my phone vibrates in my pocket. I pull it out and see that i received a message from an unknown number. It said 'looking good today babes'.  I look around the hallway but see everyone either busy with friends or taking  books out from their lockers. I reply with a 'who are you?'

I start walking towards my class waiting for a reply. I sit on seat at the back. There were only 5 other students in the classroom. My phone vibrates agin. i take it out and read the reply over and over again. It said 'I'm your real mate babe and i promise we'll meet soon.'  I wonder who it is? I was starting to get frustrated. I got another message. 'Awe babe why the frowny face. i know you want to meet me but you'll have to wait okay?' i look around the classroom. I know that this person is around here somewhere otherwise he wouldn't know that i was frowning. I look out the window to see if anyone was looking at me. I get a glimpse of a figure across the parking lot before it disappears. I had to do something about this. I had to tell mason.

I met Cayden and Cristy at lunch. we sat in our usual seats with burgers and sodas. "Why  were you guys late today?" i asked both of them. "Our car wasn't starting in the morning. We had to take the cab to school." I just nod and take a bite of my burger.  i have a bad feeling that their car had something to do with my messages. I the person who texted me wanted me to be alone while i read them. i decide not to tell them at the moment. "Hey can you give us a ride today?" Cristy asks. "Do i ever say no babes" i say in a fake brittish accent. We laugh. We start talking about random things.

I wait in the parking for Cristy and Cayden to come. my phone vibrates. i take it out of my pocket and see that i  recieved another message from Mr. i'm your mate. I open the message. 'baby you shouldn't stand alone outside. there are people who can kidnap you'. i am starting to get scared of these messages so i write 'stop texting me. iIdon't even know you and i'm not you mate'. I press the send. i receive another text after 7 seconds. 'oh yes you are. you are my mate and i will have you and as for i don't even know, you'll come to know me very well. you are mine princess.' I was really creeped out by now.

 I saw Cayden and Cristy walking towards me so i put my phone in my pocket and try to act natural by waving at them. "Hey are you okay? You look pale Mel" Cayden asked while giving me an intense look. "Yeah i'm fine. Let's go" I know that they don' belive a word i said but they still get in. Cristy sat in the front while Cayden sat at the back. we drive out the school parking lot to their house which wa about 15 minues from here and 20 minutes from Mason's house. We talked about randoom stuff all the way.

UNKNOWN POV

I saw my princess Melissa driving towards her friend's house. i follow her car from a safe distance. She's not really my mate by i want her to be mine. she'll be mine. I've been following  her since she was 16. She's the most beautiful she wolf i have ever seen in my whole life. I knew i had to have her the first time I saw her. I don't care if she found her mate. she's mine and only mine. 

 MELISSA'S POV

I go to visit my parents after dropping Cayden and Cristy off. i knock on the door and Brandon opens the door. "Hey bran" i say while i hug him. "Hey sissy i missed you so much" he hugs me back. i know that it sounds like foriegn words to both of us to hear something like 'miss you' from the other  but i missed this birdbrain. "Mom..dad, nelissa's here" Brandon shouts after pulling aways from the hug.

I see mom and dad come downstairs. they see me and both of them wrap me with  their arms. "I missed you so much" mom said while hugging me even more tightly. "Missed you too mom" i say while burrying my face in her shoulder. "hey dad " i say while pulling away from mom and hugging dad. "hey melly boo" dad says while kissing my cheek. I've always been a daddy's girls and dad gave me the name 'melly boo'.

 After our little hug session we walk to the living room with me clinging onto Brandon's arms. I think my annoying little bro missed me a lot. we talk about anything and everything for the next 3 hours. it was getting dark so i decide to go. "You sure you can't want to stay the night Mel?" mom asks with hope in her eyes. " I would love to but Mason wouldn't let me. you know he's a bit possessive and protective." They all laugh. i hug mom and dad once more. Then i turn to Brandon. I hugged him tightly and ruffled his hair. "You don't hear this much from me but love you bro" I say in his ear. "i love you too Mel" he does the same to me. i think our bond is getting stronger. I wave them and say 'bye' one more time before heading home. 

I get home and enter the living room to find Mason sitting on the sofa with his head in his hands. I walk to him and sit next to him on the sofa. "Hey you okay?" He looks up at me. His eyes were puffy and red. Was he crying?  my wolf himpers at this. I hug him as he puts  his head in the crook of my neck. "Mason what happened?" i asked him while rubbing his back. I felt him relax a bit under my touch. That's what happens when a mate touches the other. "We received a letter today. It said that the rogues are attacking us." What? He's the alpha of the world's strongest pack and he's afraid. "Mason you are leading the strongest pack in the world. You can defeat anybody." i say while smiling a little bit. "I am not afraid of them Mel. I just miss my parents. Its the same pack of rogues that killed my parents." My smile fades at this. I didn't know what to say. I decided not to tell him about the messages. He's too tensed with the fact that we are havng a war with the same pack of rogues that killed his parents.

"Its okay. I'm right here okay. Everything will be fine" I finally say. Mason just nods. we stay like that for 15 minutes with me hugging Mason and saying soothing word in his ear. We walk upstairs and get ready to sleep. I change into some pj's. I find mason in sweatpants and a wife-beater. I lay on the bed next to Mason. He wraps his arms around me and nuzzles my neck.

Mason was snoring by now. i couldn't sleep because my mind wouldn't stop thinking about the unknown number and the messages. I see my phone's screen light up on the table next to the bed. I pick it up being careful not to wake up Mason. He's been through too much already. I see that its another message from the unknown number. I open it. it said 'goodnight sugar. see you soon'  I shut my phone off. My stomach twisted at this. This Mr. i'm your mate  can be dangerous. I have to be careful. And what did he mean by 'see you soon?'