CHAPTER 9- The accident

MELISSA'S POV

I wake up to find no Mason. i think he went out for pack stuff. He's busy with the pack because of the war. I get off the bed and go to the bathroom. I get out of the bathroom after brushing and showering. I put on a pair of black shorts with a purple tank top. I put on my purple sneakers and head downstairs. I enter the kitchen and find a note attached to the fridge. 'Gone for pack meeting. meet you after school. there are pancakes on the counter.   -Mason'

I throw the note in the garbage and eat my pancakes peacefully. My phone beeps. Its another message from Mr. I'm your mate. it read 'good morning babe. how did you sleep yesterday? Had any dreams about me?' I didn't sleep well yesterday and I did have dream about him. But it was nightmare.

I put my phone on the counter and decide not to reply. I think he will stop eventually. *beep* another text message. 'Don't ignore me bitch or i will kill your precious little family.'. I gasped at this. i replied immediately. 'please don't so anything to my family. I won't ignore you. i replying'. I waited for his response. 'Oh babe. I like it when you beg. Meet you soon. You don't want to miss school. do you?' 

He's right, i'm gonna be late for school but that isn't the thing i'm worrying about. I want my family to be protected. I don't want them hurt by some sick psychopath. I grab my book bag and go to school. as i walk in the school i find Cayden and Cristy sucking each other's face off against the lockers. I normally would have said how gross it was but i was in my own world today. I wonder who this psycho who is texting me is. I want my family to be safe. I don't want anyone to be hurt because some psychopath thinks that i'm his mate.

"Hey mel where are you going?" i hear Cayden shout. "oh he- hey. I-I will talk to guys in lunch okay?" I say stumbling a little over my word. "Hey what's wrong?" Cristy say while walking towards me. "Nothing i fine. I'm just a bit tired." I didn't lie to her. I am actually tired due to my sleepless night. I try to smile, but i know that she can see its fake.

"Bye. see you at lunch" I wave at them and walk to my first class. I sit at the back as usual. I was not interested in what the teacher was blabbering about and like usual i zone out. don't get me wrong. I am a straight A student and all teachers love me. I tap my pencil on my desk and look out the window and see a shadow of a boy at the same spot i saw yesterday. I had to check who it is. I ask the teacher if i can go to the nurse. yeah yeah i lied that i was feeling a little sick.

I start running down the hallways and out the school entrance. I run to the spot where i saw the boy. there wasn't anyone there so i look around for a few more minutes. I feel my phone vibrate. I check and see that its another text from the unknown number. ' Awe baby i know you want to see me, but you'll have to wait till i get you. and you should wear purple more. it suits you.'  Now i'm sure that he's around here somewhere. I look around. I start shouting "look whoever you are stop texting me okay? I already have a mate and  its not you. So stop it " My phone vibrates once again. I check it. 'You shouldn't have said that baby. now you're gonna regret. we'll meet very very soon.' i put my phone in my pocket and scream a 'fuck you'.

I was furious. i feel myself shaking. Oh shit my wolf was on the surface. I run toward the forest at the back of the school. I open my clothes and and change into my pure white wolf. I run into the forest. I like the feeling of the wind against my fur. I run more faster.

After an hour of running i decide to go back. I reach the spot where i left my clothes. I wear my clothes and walk back to the school building. Its lunch time now. I walk to the cafeteria and find Cayden and Cristy sitting on out usual seats with three trays filled with sprite, burgers and fries. "Hey we got you lunch" Cayden pushes the tray towards me. "Thanks" i say like a little girl. I mean what can be better than free food. They chuckle when i take a big bite of the burger. They know how much i love eating. "So where were you?" Cristy asked while eating her fries. "Uhh... my wolf surfaced so decided to get a run. Its been a while since i changed the last time." i say while eating some of my fries. "How did it feel?" Cristy asked. "AMAZIIIINNNNG" i exclaim. They laugh. But Cayden suddenly gets serious. "Wait! You said your wolf surface. Why? What happened?" Jerk! He doesn't miss anything does he? "Nothing much. i just got tripped by Bethany" they nod. They know how much i hate her. Bethany is our schools head cheerleader. She's the biggest bitch of school. I have hated her since the 7th grade when she 'accidentally' spilled all her paint on me. We starts having a conversation about random things.