11

Mackenzie

"Its you." I looked at the guy who sat right beside me. It was the guy whose face was literally being eaten by my roommate the night before.

"Y- Yeah. Hey," he raised his hand to the back of his head just like he'd done yesterday when I walked into the room. He was still looking shy and I just figured that maybe that was how he was.

"Hi..." My voice trailed off. I was probably waiting for him to say his name even if I knew.

"Dylan," he said a little too quickly.

"Right. Darcy's boyfriend, yeah?" I smiled genuinely.

He shook his head, "Not exactly," he said, and I could hear an accent I didn't think he had. What was it? English? It was thick and it rolled off​ his tongue easily, and a part of me was fascinated. I mean, I'd never had anyone speak to me with an English accent in person. I just usually drooled over the accent whenever I saw movies Emma Watson starred in or stumbled on the guys of One Direction interviews.

"Oh," I could tell my mouth formed that 'o' shape. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine," he smiled lightly.

"So, are you a new student here?" I asked, confused. Darcy wasn't exactly a new student here and if he was with Darcy last night, then definitely he wasn't a new student here as well.

"Uh, no," he shook his head. "No, I just started taking journalism. I changed classes."

"I see," I nodded slowly. "So, what class did you transfer from?"

"Photography," he answered.

Tanner registered for photography classes.

"Is the class okay?" I asked him, tucking a few strands of hair behind his hair.

"Yeah. It's a pretty chill class," he nodded, leaning into his seat.

"Okay," I nodded.

"You registered for it?" He looked at me.

"Nope​," I shook my head. "I know someone taking the class."

"She's gonna enjoy the class. Could be tiring, but it's all worth it," he explained.

"It's a he, actually," I said, a light smile on my face.

"Oh," he nodded slowly and he looked like he wanted to say something but instead he looked away. It was almost a minute when he looked back at me and asked, "Are you from here?"

"From here?" I looked at him as I didn't really understand what he meant.

"I mean, are you from New York?"

"Oh, no. L.A," I told him.

"Cool," he simply said, tapping his leg on the floor.

"What about you?" I asked. Finally, I could confirm what accent that was. Honestly, I didn't know an English accent from a Scottish or Welsh one.

"Australia," he answered, running a hand through his hair.

I had been wrong. Damn, I didn't even know their difference. I inwardly clamped my mouth shut.

"No, that's cool," I said and he chuckled.

"You think?" He asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Excuse me? I've heard fascinating things about Australia, besides, I saw Thor just because I wanted to hear Chris Hemsworth speak," I playfully rolled my eyes, a smile on my face.

"No, you didn't," Dylan said, an amused look on his face.

"But I did," I chuckled.

The moment a teacher walked in, the class ran a little quiet and I sat up in my seat. It was a woman who wore glasses. She had a scarf tied around her neck and she walked in with a smile on her face.