40

Kenzi

My eyes widened as I tried to process the last words of Bambi to me, "Why would you think that?"

She shrugged and kicked her shoes off before laying down fully on the bed, "I mean, it's just me thinking. I've watched him around this particular guy who is actually really attractive, and I've heard the way he talks about him-"

"That could be anything," I told her.

"I know," she nodded. "But then, I looked into it. He talks about him... differently. And Ryan hasn't been with a girl before. And I'm thinking, what if he doesn't want to tell us because he fears if he does, we would criticize him or something."

I thought about it for a while, "But we wouldn't, and he knows that. I mean, he knows he can talk to us about anything. I feel like we should just ask," I looked at her.

"Or look for a way to find out," Bambi shrugged and I nodded, "You're right. And I have an idea."

*

Just as Ryan had promised, he brought Brooke along with him that night.
"Mackenzie," Brooke grinned as she walked towards me.

"Oh my, Brooke, it seems like its been forever," I pulled her into a hug and she squeezed me tightly, "How are you?"

"I'm great, I've missed you," she said softly before pulling away, going to hug Bambi.

Ryan leaned against the door of my room, smiling. He didn't look more proud to have a younger sister.

"Did Ryan tell you about my dad and his mom?" Brooke's eyes sparkled just like Ryan's eyes had done the day before.

"Yes!" Bambi and I squealed before attacking her in a hug.

"I'm so excited," she said happily.

"We're happy for you," I spoke, pulling away and going to punch Ryan's shoulder, "What's up?"

He shrugged, smiling as he went and sat on my bed.

"Do you want anything to eat?" Bambi asked Brooke.

"I'm really craving toasts right now," she declared and I chuckled, "There's some bread in the kitchen, help yourself to some toasts."

"Make some for me," Ryan called after her and she nodded as she made her way out of the room, "Alright!"

When she left, Bambi sat beside Ryan who pulled her hair. After trying to slap his hand away but failing, Ryan said to her, "You left school so early."

"I was exhausted," she rolled her eyes, sighing.

"Where are mom and dad?" He looked at me.

"In their room," I answered. "They went in not long ago. We had some ice cream and saw a movie."

"Sounds great to me. Its amazing you came. She just might get better rapidly," Ryan nodded.

"And that's what I want. Just for her to get better."

"She will. Soon," Bambi climbed off the bed and grabbed her laptop from on top of my reading table.

"Three of us need an outing, like we always have," Ryan said.

"You're right, but speaking of outing, Ry, Bambi and I set you up on a blind date for Saturday."