19

Tanner

"Kenz..." I opened the door wider for her to come in before laughing out loud, "I remember doing and saying all I could for you to come with me. You really can't get—"

"Tanner!" Her stern voice shut me up immediately and I realised​ she had a different look on her face. She seemed a bit frightened and even uncomfortable. She held nothing in her hand, she didn't even have her jacket which she always wore anytime she came here.

"Kenz, are you okay?" I asked her, but she didn't answer. She just let out a breath, running a hand through her hair before walking into the kitchen. I followed behind her and when I got into the kitchen, I leaned against the island table, watching her open the refrigerator and search for something. I spent the next minute trying to figure out what she was searching for.

"What are you searching for?" I asked her.

"Water," she said without looking at me and I raised an eyebrow. "It's right in front of you Kenz," I told her.

"Oh," she grabbed a bottle and turned to sit across from me on the island table

"What's wrong?" I asked her. At this point I was now really concerned as my eyes had already gone wide watching her gulp down the content of the bottle aggressively. She set the empty bottle down, wiping her mouth.

"Hey, are you on your period?" I asked and she shook her head. "So what's the matter?"

She looked at me, "Darcy almost kissed me."

"I'm sorry, what?" I didn't hear her right. I just couldn't have.

She rubbed her temples, "Tanner, Darcy almost kissed me."

"That bitch..." I said in a low voice. "Wait, first off, how on earth... she doesn't even like you. Why would she want to do that?"

She closed her eyes, sighing as she opened them back, "No, Tanner. She... look, there's something you should know."

"Which is?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I think she's bisexual."

I let what she had just said sink in before nodding, "You're not going back there, Mackenzie," I said plainly and she was quiet. "I mean it."

"That's my room, Tanner," she said calmly.

"Why would you still want to be there when you can be here?"

"Tanner, can we not start this?"

"Why? Can't you see it?" I raised my voice a bit.

"Tanner, please," her shaky voice made me relax in realisation. I sighed, walking to where she sat. I pulled her into a hug and she buried her head in my chest, hugging me back tightly​.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have," I let out a breath. "Shit, it's just that your safety and sanity is important, Kenz​. At least, stay here this night."

Darcy

She filled my thoughts. Everyday. All day.

And I was fucked up.

I should be dedicated to my books and my books only, but instead I was partying and drinking at any opportunity I got and falling... falling very hard for my roommate.

I wanted to go out to look for her, find her and apologize, but truth was, I couldn't be sorry for having feelings for her. She always​ had my attention and now, I was worried about so many things.

Where was she? Would she come back? Even if she did, would she speak to me?

I bit my lip.

I was such a fuck up.