50

➸ Song for the chapter:
It Ain't Me- Kygo, Selena Gomez.

▬▬▬▬▬

Kenzi

"I thought you'd have figured a long time ago that Darcy was bisexual," Chelsea said to me on a Friday afternoon. Darcy had an exam that morning and had left the room even before she was up.

"I thought so, but..." My voice trailed off.

"She wasn't always like that, but then she spent a night at a party with a girl and from then, she got different about her sexuality."

"Well, I guess it's good she realized what her sexuality was."

"You know she's liked you literally from the first time she saw you."

That didn't really surprise me, but it confused me, "So then, why was she so cold to me if she did?"

Chelsea shrugged, "It's just the way she is."

I bit my lip, looking at Chelsea, "I mean, there's nothing wrong if she feels that way towards me but, first off, she wasn't even a nice person to me in the beginning and second, I'm straight. I hope she can understand."

"Oh, I think she's caught on that already."

I nodded before saying quietly, "Right."

Silence followed after this and I tucked some strands of hair behind my ear.

"Darcy lost her mom and twin brother last year," I looked at Chelsea immediately. She was looking right back at me and I swallowed as she continued, "Since then things have been so hard for she and her dad. She used to be really bright, happy and super friendly and full of life. We meet during the orientation, but then, at some point, she became so closed off and angry. Angry at the littlest things. Her grades were dropping because she wouldn't attend classes. Everyone hated her guts, but they didn't know she was only hurting inside. She was angry at the world. I mean, her other half was gone and she did love her mom so much.

My heart sank, " I... I didn't know. "

"Its fine. You wouldn't have had any idea. No one knows. I just thought I should tell you so you know she doesn't mean the things she does. She's super soft on the inside and just wants someone who would love her for her."

And then I remembered Dylan, so I asked, "Hey, how about Dylan?"

She shrugged, "He seems to hang around her a lot."

"He really likes her."

"How'd you know?"

"He takes my year's journalism class. We're quite close and he tells me."

"Whoa, I didn't know that. I just thought they were fuck buddies."

I shook my head, "No, he really does feel some thing for her." I licked my lower lip. "Anyway, how about you? Do you have anyone you're seeing?" I asked her and she grinned, nodding. "Yep. He's a third year student taking a course in—"

The door opened and Darcy came in. Her eyes landed on Chelsea first, then me. "Hey."

*****

Tanner came out of the bathroom dressed in a grey T-shirt on black jeans. He ran a comb through his hair, looking at me through the mirror and I sat up on the  bed, "Why are you dressed like that at 10pm?"

He didn't say anything. He just dragged his eyes away from mine and wore his perfume.

"Tanner? Where —"