16

Mackenzie

I couldn't think straight. I couldn't understand. I couldn't get why the hell I woke up to see Darcy beside me, and not just that, I couldn't get why her arms were around me as well. I was shocked, having no idea of what to do. I didn't know if I should scream or if I was to push her off the bed.

She snuggled into me and then I started to push her away from me. I let out a breath in frustration as I did and I heard her let out a soft sound, so I paused, looking at her and her eyes fluttered open, then they met my eyes.

"Care to explain?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"What?" She blinked.

"I said, care to explain? Care to explain why you're in my bed with your arm around me?"

She was immediately aware and she withdrew her arm from around me a colour rose to her cheeks. "I- I'm sorry."

"For what exactly now? Calling me a child or actually sleeping beside me on my bed?" I asked, placing emphasis on the word 'on'.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she sighed.

"Why on earth are you even in my bed?"

"I was drunk and..." Her voice trailed off.

I looked from her bed to mine. I understood what she meant but what sense was there in what she had actually done? Bitch please, her bed was closer to the door than my bed. Then maybe it was just the effect of the alcohol.

"Leave my bed. Now," I said in a firm voice.

She hesitated before nodding, "Right. I'm sorry."

I rolled my eyes as she got up and even wobbled a bit. I knew she was having a headache, but right now, I could care less. Thanks to her, I couldn't get back to sleep now, I laid back on my bed when I heard Darcy fall on her bed, holding her head as she groaned and I heard her choke back on a sob.

I honestly felt bad for her, so I shook my head, taking a pill of Advil from my bag before walking to her refrigerator and getting a bottle of water from it. I walked to her bedside, "Take," I said.

She took her hands off her head and opened her eyes. Yes, her eyes were glassy and she even looked surprised.
"I said, take," my voice was stern and she nodded, taking the pill from me, swallowing it and then washing it down with water.

"Thank you," she said calmly and I shrugged then walked away.

I got to my bed to see my phone ringing.

Tanner.

Dang, I'd totally forgotten to call him when I got the room last night. I'd promised myself to, but once I caught sight of my bed, I fell asleep. Letting out a breath, ready for him to scold me, I answered, "Hey," I spoke softly.

"Really, Kenz?" He replied.

"Tanner, I—" I started.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was about you? You never replied my texts. You didn't even call me back," he said sternly.

"Tanner, I- I'm sorry, I..." My voice trailed off.

"Are you okay?" His voice was now soft and I rubbed my temples.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just—"

"Let's meet at Coffee Hearts, okay? I'll be waiting."

*

I pushed the door of Coffee open, brushing my hair away from my face. I spotted Tanner seated by himself at a side of the café, his eyes roaming the place. I walked to where he sat, sitting opposite him.