32

Kenzi

I stirred, pulling the covers tighter to me. My eyes fluttered open seconds after and I looked around me, expecting to see Tanner somewhere around.

But this wasn't even Tanner's room.

I sat up immediately and looked around. Glad my clothes were fully on me, I pushed my hair away from my face in a bit of fear and confusion. I looked around from my phone but couldn't find it. This was definitely a guys room and it scared me that it wasn't Tanner's. How had I gotten here even?

I stared into space for a while, irritated by the breath of my own mouth, and then, the memories from yesterday came rushing back.

I closed my eyes as I cursed under my breath in utter disgust and disbelief when I remembered Darcy's kiss. How many people had seen that? Why would she do that?

I was drinking a Coke. Sealed. Canned. What happened and why did I feel dizzy?

Just thinking about these made my head ache. I mean, I was still confused as to where I was.
I pushed myself off the bed. Might as well explore the house and get comfortable.

Hell no. I was running for my dear life. It was shitty right now, but can't be having mama and papa Starr crying over me.

I walked to the door and came face to face with him.

Todd.

He stepped backward, his eyes in mine, "Hey, sorry about that."

Cautious of my breath, I stepped backward too, "It's fine. I- I'm just wondering how—"

"I brought you here. Last night, I went to go get my phone charger from a friend and by the time I got back, you were almost passing out."

I tucked my hair behind my hair and sighed, going to sit by the edge this bed.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, concern ringing in his voice.

"Sure. I just don't get how I passed out. I started feeling dizzy when I had my coke, but it was sealed, right?"

"Yeah, it was. Mine was, but it's no problem, I already dealt with the guy who gave us the drinks."

"You didn't hit him, did you?"

"He was to be held responsible, anyway," he shrugged smugly, leaning against the frame of the door.

I raised my eyes to his, "Did you see what happened with Darcy?"

"Yeah," he nodded, raising an eyebrow. "Are—"

"God, no, I'm straight, Todd."

"Are you guys on good terms?"

"No, not really," I shook my head.

"Why?"

"We've not just been friends from day one."

He nodded, "Right. Are you hungry?"

"Where am I?"

"Well, you're in a building full of guys but this is my condo. You're in my condo."

"Like... frat stuff?"

"Yeah, something like that."

I wasn't really sure what roles fraternities played in universities or what they did but right now, I didn't want to know.

"Do you want me to go get coffee for you? Or you want us to go together?"

"No, it's okay. My heard hurts," I told him.