18

Mackenzie

I woke up with my leg on my laptop, papers all over my face. I groaned lowly, pushing the sheets of paper away from my face. I didn't have any​ idea how far I'd gotten with my assignment when I fell asleep. I rubbed my eyes sleepily before they darted to Darcy who was still asleep.

I pushed myself up off my bed and jumped when my phone rang. In that same manner, I answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey chill, it's just me," I recognised Ryan's laughter over the phone and I relaxed, taking my phone off my ear to look at the caller ID.

"I'm sorry, I didn't look at the caller," I chuckled. "Besides, it's 5am! Dude, weren't you taught not to call people at such an early time?"

"Unfortunately, no. Hey, I'm just a guy who misses his best friend who is miles away."

I smiled, "I miss you too, Ry, and you better not be calling to make me cry in the end."

I didn't tell he or Bambi that Tanner and I would be coming to L.A on Friday and I wasn't going to.

He chuckled to himself, "I'm not planning for that to happen, but if it does, then okay."

I rolled my eyes playfully as though he could see me, "How's Bambi?"

He cleared his throat before answering, "She's great. She mostly has earlier classes more than I do, so she's probably getting ready for her class."

"Yeah, she mentioned to me about her classes."

"Hey, how's that roommate of yours?"

"Still confused as hell," I let out a breath.

"I thought you'd have taken my suggestion!"

"To flee?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Flee? Oh, please," he scoffed. "Kenzi, buy a ridiculous sound system and blast annoying Japanese pop music all the time."

"You mean... K-pop?"

"There's a difference between Japan and Korea, right? No, Kenzi, not K-pop. Japanese pop."

Despite myself, I laughed, "That's ridiculous. Why would I even waste good money on a ridiculous sound system?"

"Ugh fine, why don't you start a collection of empty pop cans in your windowsill?"

"What's that supposed to do?"

"It'll drive her crazy," he answered and I could see him shrugging.

"It'll make me breakdown mentally. Long story short, I'll also be hurting myself," I chuckled.

"Then why don't you—"

"Oh God, Ry, it's okay. Why so evil?" I laughed.

"She's evil to you. Can as well retaliate."

"No, Ry, she's now... nicer. And it scares me," I said in a hushed tone in case she was awake and was doing all she could to eavesdrop.

"Oh..." He said in realisation.

"Exactly," I yawned. "And she's ​a bit weird, I don't know."

"How?"

"I mean, the other day she did all she could to see me naked, yesterday night she said she was going to kiss me," I scrunched up my nose in disgust.

"She's lesbian."

"Ryan!" I covered my mouth immediately after shouting his name out, throwing a quick glance at Darcy who was still asleep.