14

Tanner

I walked out of the department building with Kenz beside me.

"Why were you so late for lunch today?" She looked up at me.

"I wasn't so late, you just really missed me."

"What? You're too proud for your own good, McCann," she playfully rolled her eyes.

I chuckled, taking her hand an locking it with mine as I said, "It's true, though. Because I was only about seven minutes late. That wasn't so late."

"Oh," her cheeks grew a light shade of red and I pulled it, drawing her close to me as I laughed.
"Whatever," she whacked my arm. "What are you doing after school?"

"Uh, I got some kind of assignment. What about you?" I looked at her and he shrugged, "I have no assignments or anything."

"Let's go to my apartment?"

"No, you do your assignment. When is it due?"

"Tomorrow?" I scratched the back of my head.

"Then, no actually. I'm not gonna distract you."

"You won't," I groaned.

"Yes I will, and you know it. Your assignment is due tomorrow. Do it and I'll call you later in the day, okay?"

I rolled my eyes then let out a breath, "Fine, but I need a kiss on the cheek."

"You're not getting one, Tanner," she said, a silly grin on her face.

She was adorable.

Mackenzie

I walked to my room after Tanner dropped me off and I was more than grateful when I got into my room to see that Darcy wasn't in.

After changing into more comfortable clothes and taking off my Converses, I bounced on my bed and took out my phone seeing I had a text from mom.

~Hey, love. I miss you. Text me back as soon as you see this. I love you.~

I smiled, staring at the text. I figured last week that maybe mom hadn't gotten over me actually being in university. We'd spoken almost everyday last week.

Moving my fingers over my keypad, I replied,

~Hi mom, I just got back from school. I miss you too so much. How's dad? I love you too mom.~

Sighing, I put my phone down beside me, closing my eyes but immediately opening them as I didn't feel the slightest bit sleepy. I sat up in bed before finally pushing myself off it, walking to Darcy's side of the room. Honestly, her part of the room fascinated me. The way the colors went together, and how organised her things were.

My eyes landed on her big teddy bear she clutched every night. It sat beside her pillow and under her pillow was a small, glittery turquoise book. I pulled it from under her pillow, admiring the cute book. I ran my fingers over the book and even while I had the strong urge to open it and see what was written in it, I knew it was wrong, and unlike her, I actually do respect her privacy.

Just then, he door swung open,
"What the helldo you think you're doing?!" I heard Darcy ask in anger and true, when I looked at her, she did look really angry.

"I- I wasn't doing anything," I told her in a calm voice.

"Of course you weren't," she marched angrily to me, snatching the book away from my hand. "What is this? What are you doing? Excuse me. You were the advocate of respecting privacy—"