61

Kenzi

"Ryan's so mean," Kenzi groaned as Ryan laughed.

"Jeez, be serious," she rolled her eyes, then looked at me, "Kenzi, what do you think of this dress?"

I chuckled, "You should wear something shorter."

"You really should. The dress looks like something my grandma wears to sleep," Ryan chuckled and Bambi took off her flip-flops and threw it at him as she she huffed, then made her way to the bathroom to change into something else.

The thing was, she and Jesse had a big date later evening and she came over with loads of dresses because she didn't know which to wear. She had tried on over twelve dresses and I wondered how she wasn't tired. In all honesty, Ryan was the one saying no to all the dresses, looking like he was having fun saying no and coming up with one reason or the other why she wouldn't wear them.

He now stood above my head, taking my hair in his hand and I swatted them away as he chuckled. He was being extra playful today, and I wondered why. Not that I was complaining.

Why?

Super playful Ryan= Cute, bubbly and annoying 4 year old.

"Are you putting another one on?" Ryan called to Bambi as he let out a breath and laid back on my bed, bringing his hands to the back of his head.

"Yes! And you better see something good about it, it's my last one!" Bambi called back.

She came out shortly, looking down at her dress before she looked back up at me and Ryan, an hopeful smile on her face, "So...?"

"Wow," Ryan breathed. "It's perfect."

Bambi rolled her eyes, "Shut up, you're only saying that because I told you to see something good in this."

"I'm serious," he raised his hands up, "Kenzi, what do you think?"

"You honestly should have worn this dress first. It would saved you all the stress," I said seriously.

It was a simple but elegant gown. A black dress with a tapered waist, knee length as it flared out from her lips.

Ryan's flash went off at that moment, chuckling.

"I swear to God Ryan, if I don't look good in that picture," Bambi said sternly.

"I have a whole album of pictures of you and Kenzi looking like doofuses," he laughed lightly.

Bambi and I looked at him at the same time, saying simultaneously, "What?!"

He grinned, "I love you guys but I really think I should go into photography."

Bambi rolled her eyes, going back to the bathroom to change into the clothes she'd worn when she came. She ran back to the bed, hitting Ryan's stomach, causing him to groan in pain, "Shit!"

"Oh my God, Ry, I'm so sorry," Bambi sat up on the bed and I remembered that was the position I took the day I had hit Tanner's groin, and I chuckled to myself before remembering to take a picture of Ryan.

"It's okay," Ryan said, rubbing his stomach, rolling his eyes when Bambi grinned in a manner that was actually annoying.

"How do you feel about your date, Bambi?" I asked her minutes later.

"I can't wait," she smiled. "You have no idea how happy I am that you made me tell him how I felt. I really didn't think Jesse would still want anything to do with her. I'm actually willing to try a long distance relationship with him. Thanks so much, Kenzi," she flung her arms around me.

"Aw, see my baby ready to try something new," Ryan ruffled Bambi's hair.

"Is it just me or Ryan's really happy today?" I raised an eyebrow.

Bambi looked at Ryan, a smile on her face, "There could only be one possible reason why he is."

I looked at Ryan and saw a glint in his eyes as I asked, "What is it?"

"You haven't told Kenzi?" Bambi asked him in surprise.

"Oh my, what do you have to tell me, Ryan?" I asked, lost and excited.

"Kenzi, chill," Ryan chuckled. "So, at the wedding, you probably saw me talking to a girl before you and Tanner said hi to mom... Well, she caught my eye."

"Oh my, no!" I squealed.

"Well, yeah. And after you disappeared mysteriously, Bambi made me go have an actual conversation with her, because, uh, I was pretty attracted to her," his ears were red and I hugged him tightly, "Finally!"

I pulled away, "What's her name? What's she like?"

"Her name's Summer. One of the goofiest people you'd ever meet, and she's really sweet. She goes to a university close to the one Bambi and I attend. We're staying in touch and hanging out tomorrow."

"Ry, it's perfect! No wonder you've been so happy," I let out a breath. "Look at how one person helped the other. I helped push Bambi to try to work things out with Jesse. Bambi helped push you to go talk to Summer. You helped push me to keep things in with Tanner, which I don't regret. It feels so good to call him my boyfriend, guys. I've never been so happy."

"You've been glowing," Bambi said, smiling, and I flushed.

I didn't know, but I'd been feeling aswoon since the wedding, maybe because Tanner asked me to be his girlfriend or maybe it was the sex?

I decided I was going to tell mom first about me and Tanner and everything that had happened, and that would be as soon as she felt better.

"You're still the best friends ever," I told them.

"It's actually been like a ride. A lot has happened with us, but we're still here," Ryan smiled.

"Mhm," Bambi nodded. "University has been crazy. Especially for Kenzi, but hey, it's all part of the experience," she smiled as well and I remembered my words to her.

"I love you girls so much, even if you had thought I was gay during the ride," Ryan chuckled. "I bet Kenzi is so ready for the next session."

I giggled, "I've been thinking about something and I'm so sure Bambi would be happy about it."

My best friends looked at me, "What?"

Authors Note
Short chapter because there's really not much left to write, and because there's just one chapter left in the book!

Let me know if you've been with me on this journey!

Vote, comment and follow me 💜!