Chapter 1

I closed the car door and hugged my mother goodbye.

“Are you sure you’ll be okay now?” she asked and pulled out from the hug. I tilted my head and shook my head yes.

“Mom, I’m only an hour away from you and dad. I’ll be more than okay.” She kissed my forehead before driving away in the black Opel. I turned around and faced my new home. It wasn’t very big, but surely enough for me. I took the last box, carried it inside and placed it among all the others.

   Last year of high school starts in a week and I was far away from done with this place. I still had to paint the walls, buy some furniture, fix up the small garden and unpack all these boxes. The reason I moved out from my parents was because I was tired of commuting between home and school every day. Also, since I was going to college next year, I might as well move now and get it over with. Now it only takes me a ten minute walk to school, instead of a 90 minute bus ride.

   I decided to just go to bed early and start painting first thing in the morning. I brushed my teeth, removed the small amount of make-up from my face and changed into my pj’s. I fell asleep pretty fast.

I woke up to singing birds and hell of a headache. I reached over for my bag, which was sitting next to my bed. I swallowed an aspirin and got out of bed. On my way to the kitchen, I saw a few letters lying on the floor by the door. I picked them up and without even thinking I opened one of them. It was a handwritten letter. I never got handwritten letters, so I checked who it was addressed for.

It surely was my address. Only, my name wasn’t Belle Gonzales. Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. I put the letter down on the counter and reached for the handle. A girl in my age stood in front of me. She had brown, almost black, hair and shimmering hazel eyes. Her endlessly long legs were covered in only a pair of blue jeans shorts. Her fit stomach was showing a bit underneath her loose crop top.

“Hi,” she said friendly. “I’m sorry to just show up unannounced.” she continued with a squeaky voice.

“No, it’s fine. Can I help you?” I asked, a little bit shocked to see a fucking super model at my doorstep.

“My name’s Belle,” she said and reached out her hand for me to take. “I used to live here.” I shook her hand and introduced myself too. “I just thought I’d let you know that if you get any of my mail, you can just throw it away, cause it will most probably be from my ex-boyfriend or my annoying employer.” I thought about the letter I opened right before she got here.

“Are you sure you don’t want them? I mean, maybe they want something important?” I asked, just to ask something.

“My ex has been sending me letters for the last three months – aka the entire summer break – and I haven’t opened a single one of them. And my employer always send me the same shitty newsletters. Just, throw them away will you?” she begged while flipping with her phone. I nodded, said goodbye and then I took the letters and threw them into a trashcan. As I sat on the kitchen counter, waiting for my tea to be done, I couldn’t stop thinking about the letters. Well, the letters from the ex-boyfriend, not the ones from the annoying, newsletter man. I jumped down from the counter and made my way over to the trashcan. On my way back to the kitchen, again, I fell over a box. I couldn’t bother to get up, so I stayed there and read the letter. The messy, yet cute handwriting was actually really easy to read.

Dearest Belle,

I know you’ve been ignoring my letters, my calls, my texts and my emails. Hopefully, you’re at least reading them. I know what I did was completely douche baggie and I deserve the treatment you’ve decided to give me. But all I’m asking you, is to forgive me. You don’t have to like me, I’ll even let  you hate me cause that’s what I deserve. All I want is some kind of forgiveness. Please? I let you down, I know that but please, please, please, let me explain it all? Call me. I miss you.

Love, M.

“Oh shit”I said to myself for reading the letter.