Chapter 20

It all went pretty fast. I left to the airport the next morning, after calling in sick for a week. I had pretty good grades (at least no F's), so it wouldn't make a difference if I was gone for a week. I packed a bag pretty quickly and of course forgot most of my stuff. Phone charger, make-up, toothbrush and pants. Like, how do you forget pants? So I was left with dresses, tons of shirts (since I have no idea what you wear for a Magcon event), shoes, underwear and socks. How can I forget pants, but remember socks? For real.
I checked in my bags and went through the security control without any problems. Then I bought a sandwich before heading off to the gate. I got just in time for boarding and was first on the plane. It was a pretty small plane, but it was soon packed with people. Mostly business men and women, wearing suits and nice shoes. And there was I, wearing worn out Vans and a hoodie. A woman with short hair, wearing a black blazer, sat down next to me. She looked at me with disgust, up and down, scanning my body and choice of clothing. I wonder what she thought about me. Probably something like; Ew, what is a teenage girl doing on MY plane. What is she even doing next to me? I bet she's like 10, considering she's wearing what she's wearing. Ugh. Smh. I can't even. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.
Okay. Maybe not like that, but something near it at least. I turned away from the grumpy lady and looked out the window. I hadn't realized we were already up in the air, so I was shocked when I saw the ocean underneath me. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.
"Please fasten your seatbelts" I heard as I slowly woke up. I looked around drowsily and the grumpy woman was in the middle of adjusting her seatbelt. I already had mine on, so I just looked out the window instead. We were on our way down now; getting closer and closer to the ground in a slow rate. I could hear and feel the tiers coming out from under the plane. It was a bit shaky, but nothing to be afraid of. Then, we were in Atlanta. The grumpy lady stood up and fixed her blazer before walking through the plane and then out. I followed her, less stiff than she was. Maybe she was afraid of flying. Huh. Who'd guess?
I'd called Matt before getting on the plane, and he promised he'd be there to pick me up. I waited patiently for my bag to arrive and when it finally did, I took it behind me and walked out through the long airport. I got to the big arriving meet-up place. A few men with flowers in their hands were standing in different places and a few children were sitting down, talking about how long their mothers had been gone. Out of all these people and I didn't see Matt anywhere. Where is he? I stood still for a while, looking around me. All of a sudden someone's hand covered my eyes. I dropped my bags and felt my way to his fingers. I knew right away it was Matt. He spun me around and lifted me up. I had my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. His arms were around my waist and our foreheads buried in each other's shoulders. He let me down on the ground but didn't let go of the hug quite yet. When he did, he tilted my head to the point where I was looking him right in the eyes. He kissed me gently and then whispered;
"I've missed you so much." I went back into the hug and whispered;
"I've missed you more."
"Not possible."

A/N: Hey guys! I know this is a short chapter, but I hope you like it anyway! Also, I kind of got inspired by the show Finding Carter in the end, if anyone of you noticed haha. But whatever, it's cute ok.