Chapter 11

After a long day in school, I stayed in the library to get some studying done. A few hours later, I was done with both math and English. I couldn't get the whole Matt situation out of my head. It's like he had this switch. If you pressed it, just slightly too hard, he went from being the cutest guy to the angriest and scariest guy. I didn't even want to think about him, so I texted Katherine.

"You'll be at the game 2nite right?"

It didn't take her long to answer.

"See you at 6"

It was already 5.45, so I started walking to my locket to leave my books before heading to the game. The hallways were colder and grayer than usual. The lamps really need to be fixed; it looks like an episode of Teen Wolf in here. Everyone was probably already at the game since the hallways were empty. I walked over to my locker and put my stuff where they usually were. I closed the door and felt my heart jumping out of my chest when I saw Shawn standing there.

"What the hell Shawn?! You scared the crap out of me." I said and hit him on the arm. He just laughed.

"The girls wondered where you were so I thought I'd go check up on you." He said and we started walking towards the exit. We were silent for a while.

"So... Mr. superstar." I laughed. "Why didn't you call and tell me about your performance? I wanted to hear the news from you, not from the girls." I said and held the door open for us. He suddenly got all nervous.

"I just... I didn't tell you because... just forget it. Doesn't matter." He stumbled quietly.

"No, come on! Tell me Shawn." I said seriously.

"I didn't tell you because I knew that if you'd be there I would get nervous and see what happened? I was a freaking nerve wreck." He explained.

"Why would you get nervous? It's just me." I said and jumped up on a big rock just to jump down.

"Yeah, see that's just the thing, Y/N. It's you."

And what did he mean by that? What did he mean 'it's me'?

"What? Shawn, you're my best friend, you've sung to me before. Why couldn't you tell me about it?" I asked again.

"Maybe I don't want to be your best friend." He mumbled.

"What?" I asked, even though I heard what he said.

"Nothing." He mumbled and quickly sat down between Katherine and some random guy from our French class.

"What's up with him?" Julie asked as I sat down next to her.

"I don't know." I lied.

The opposing team came running out from the locker rooms in their red lacrosse outfits. The cheerleaders, wearing nothing but short miniskirts and crop tops, started their cheer. Then they came. Our team. They were dressed in their usual blue outfits and sticks in their hands. Our cheerleaders jogged, cartwheeled and jumped out on the field, trying to get the attention from the opposing team's cheerleaders. A cheer battle burst out between the troupes while the boys started warming up.

"We're gonna go get something to eat, want anything?" I heard Julie's cheery voice ask.

"No, I'm good!" I replied and watched them walk away. Since we were seniors we stood by the senior's stand. Of course, we weren't the only ones. Lacrosse is a pretty big thing at our school and basically everyone came to watch them play. I only came to support Connor.

The referee blew his whistle and made a sign, showing everyone it was 5 minutes until the game would start. Everyone gathered around Coach Nelson. Well, at least almost everyone. Someone was running across the field, towards the Senior's stand, which by the way has the best seats you could ask for. First when he removed his helmet, I saw who it was, even though he was far away. Matt.