Chapter 3

I mean, Shawn and I hadn’t seen each other in forever but it wouldn’t hurt if he’d at least called and told me the good news. Shawn was that typical shy guy and he rarely talked to people outside of his friend zone. Connor, Katherine, Julie and Shawn are all my best friends. But Shawn’s the one I’ve known the longest, that’s why I was so surprised over the whole performing thing. He’d only sung for me and the others a few times.
   After band night, we all walked home together.
“So are you guys excited for the last year in high school?” Katherine asked as we crossed the road.
“Not at all. Another year with sucky teachers, annoying freshman’s and crappy cafeteria food.” Connor started and as they continued talking about how bad senior year would be, I couldn’t stop thinking about the letter from this morning. I needed to know more.
   As we got to my place, we hugged and said we’d meet up in two days for some dinner and listen to Shawn’s performance.
I walked up the stairs to the door and almost fell down again when I saw someone stood there.
“Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you.” An unfamiliar voice said. The boy came out from the dark and I could at least see him a bit better now, even though it was dark outside. I didn’t answer, just scanned his face and body. His blonde hair was hiding under a beanie; which was on his perfectly symmetrical head. He was dressed in a pair of chinos and a red hoodie.
“I was looking for my girlf… for Belle. Do you know where she is?” he asked and I realized who he was. It was M. I guess she didn’t tell him she moved, so I played along.
“No, I haven’t seen her since yesterday. I was just going to get my keys, I left them here… yesterday… which was when I last saw her… here… yesterday…” he looked around and I gave myself a slap in the face for answering in such a stupid way.
“Well, she’s not here..” M said with a frown and then walked away. Wow. He must have done something really horrible, I mean, you don’t just dump a guy who’s that hot. I watched him walk away and when he got around the corner of the street, I took out my keys and opened the door.