Chapter 9

The rain was pouring down like never before. Matt held my hand while pulling me behind him. The girls were still chasing us, but now, there weren’t just two of them…

“Matt!” I shouted while trying to catch my breath. He didn’t reply, just kept on running. I felt the hard, cold asphalt disappear under my feet and being replaced by heavy sand. I had kicked my shoes off a long time ago, so my feet immediately got cold. The sand chafe between my toes and my whole body was freezing. A part of me wanted to just stop running, I mean, they weren’t exactly chasing after me. But the other part of me wanted to keep running, just to spend time with him.

A couple of minutes later we were running up the stairs to someone’s beach house. Matt pulled me inside and closed the door behind me.

“Matt? What the hell are you doing?” I hissed due to the fact we just broke into someone’s house.

“Shh.” He said and held a finger over my mouth while pushing me close to the wall. An inch separating us. That’s like a book. We basically had a book between us. Nothing but a small tiny little book. He looked down at me but I avoided eye contact.

“I think they’re gone.” He whispered, still leaning in close to me. His minty breath hit my face. I looked away so he’d understand I wanted him to move. He got the memo.

“I’m sorry about that.” He said and started walking further into the house.

“Dude?! What are you doing?” I hissed at him.

“Y/N, it’s okay. Come on.” He said and nodded for me to follow. I walked slowly behind him until we got to the kitchen. I could hear someone was definitely in there. “Matt!” I hissed once again and looked at him questionably. He chuckled and walked straight into the kitchen area.

“Hi honey.” I heard a voice saying. I shyly looked around the corner to see who it was. A female, early 40’s, brown hair and a big smile on her face was hugging Matt. She must have seen me because next thing I knew she was walking right towards me.

“You must be Y/N! Nice to meet you.” She said and gave me a hug. Should I know who she was?

“You too!” I lied, considering I didn’t know who she was.

“Y/N this is my mom.” Matt said and laughed. Ohhh.

“I’m making some dinner, do you guys want something?” she asked and return to the stove.

“Mom… I told you I was taking her to the restaurant. We’ve already eaten.” Matt said annoyed.

“Thanks for asking though.” I said happily.

“I’m gonna change into some new clothes, do you want to borrow something?” Matt said as he walked over to me.

“Yeah, if that’s okay?” I asked and he said it was. He was standing really close to me again, this time he even put his hands on my waist. I didn’t need clothes, he made me warm just by touching me. What I didn’t realize then, was that I was standing in the middle of the door opening, so he just put his hands on my waist as a request to pass. I moved a bit to the left so he could pass. His hands didn’t leave my waist as he walked through the door opening. A smile spread across his face as I walked with him up stairs.

I borrowed one of his hoodies, which was like a tent over my small shoulders.

“Do you want to watch a movie or something?” he asked and sat down on his bed. I nodded and joined him.

We watched 21 Jumps Street because it was the only movie he had on DVD. After 40 minutes of watching, I couldn’t help but to think about Belle and the whole Vine situation. He was sitting next to me. Not too close though.

“Does this happen often?” I asked him quietly.

“What? That I watch 21 Jump Street with an extremely gorgeous girl, wearing nothing but my sweater cause we just ran in the pouring rain? Every once in a while.” He joked and laughed.

“No” I laughed. “The whole fan situation.”

“Oh that. Well, it happens sometimes. I guess some of the fans just really don’t give a damn about privacy.” He said. “I’m okay with these stuff when it happens at Magcon. Just wished they’d accept the fact that I have my own life outside of the tour.” He said and I could hear he was on the edge of crying.