Chapter 8

I was dressed in a nice black dress and a pair of Katherine’s heals. Matt picked me up, just as promised, at 7.00pm.
“Wow. You look gorgeous.” He said as I walked down the stairs from my apartment. I couldn’t help but smile. He was wearing a blue button up and a pair of black jeans. His hair was perfectly quiffed and the smile on his face dressed him well.
“You don’t look too bad yourself.” I said truthfully, cause hell was he hot in blue.
“You ready?” he asked and held the door to his car open for me. I nodded and got inside. His car smelled nice. It also smelled expensive. We drove off and there was an awkward silence all the way to the restaurant. The only thing heard, was the trite music on the radio.
As we got to the restaurant I could see just on the outside it was expensive.
“Matt…” I said and got out of the car. “…I can’t afford this.”
“Don’t worry about it.” He said simply and took my hand. His cold hand had a strong, yet gentle grip around mine. We walked inside, and boy, it wasn’t just the outside that made it look expensive. I hesitated but Matt pulled me with him.
“Do you have a reservation?” a man asked us.
“Espinosa.” He said and looked down at me. So his name was Espinosa. What had he done that made everyone hate him so much?
“Right this way sir.” The man said and we followed him to a table by the window.
“Wow.” I said, stunned by the view over the town.
“Beautiful, isn’t it?” Matt said and pulled the chair out for me to sit on.

After ordering our food and a lot of awkward silence, I said:
“You promised you’d tell me why I haven’t seen you around before.”
“Indeed I did.” He began. “So… The reason you haven’t seen me around before, is because I’ve been homeschooled. And I haven’t really been able to focus lately, so I decided to go back to public-school during senior year.” He said and left me with so many questions.
“Why were you homeschooled?” I asked him and took a sip of my water.
“You really don’t know who I am, do you?” he asked and I looked at him with a questioningly look.
“If I did, I wouldn’t have asked these questions.” I said confident with my answer.
“Fair enough.” He said and waited before continuing. “Do you know what Vine is?” he asked.
“Yeah? But what does Vine have to do with all this?” I asked him confused.
“Well. I’m a part of this group of Viners and we go on a tour, called Magcon.” He said. What was that? “It’s a pretty big tour I guess and we have fans and stuff, but I really don’t want you to think I’m some famous superstar, cause I’m simply not.” He said and I was left with even more questions.
“Well, you’re not a Viner, right? How come you’re a part of that?” he laughed at what I said.
“Y/N, I’m a Viner.” He said.
“Prove it!” I said because I basically didn’t believe him. He started searching for something in his pockets and then pulled out his phone. He opened up the Vine app and showed me his profile. Wow. That’s a lot of followers. I looked with widened eyes from the phone, up to him and then back at the phone.
“How have I never heard of you?” I asked surprised.
“I’ve tried to keep a low profile here at home.” He said and looked down at his empty plate.

Matt paid for the dinner and we started walking out from the restaurant. As we got out, it was pouring. I could barely see through the rain and suddenly a pitchy voice was heard.
“SERNEA! LOOK IT’S MATT!” and the next minute I was running hand in hand with Matt towards the beach.