Chapter 31

A/N: Okay guys. Thus is the very last chapter of LLL. Hopefully you've enjoyed it and will read my upcoming fanfictions. I can't believe all the nice words and suport I've gotten from you guys. So, for one last time, hope you will like it and vote for it! :) 

(Listen to Be Okay by Oh Honey, cause it's more fun idk)

I was invited for dinner at Matt’s place. I sat down between his mother and sister. 

“Wow, this is fantastic!” I said to Matt’s mom about the food.

“Just an old family recipe.” she replied and smiled. The whole night was filled with laughter and joy. They told me about all the memories they had together and his sister even showed me some childhood photos of Matt.

“We’re lucky to have you in his life you know.” His sister said when we were looking at Christmas photos of them all.

“I think I’m equally as lucky to have him.” I said and looked at his beautiful little face on the family photo.

The night ended with a game of badminton, oddly enough. We played girls vs boys.

“You’re going down.” Matt said and looked at me before his brother served.

“You wish.” I replied playfully.

And he did because the girls actually won. As I hugged his mother for taking the decisive point, Matt nodded for me to follow him. I excused myself and followed him to a set of swings in the backyard. He sat down on one of them and started pending back and forth. So did I.

“Told you we’d win.” I said and laughed.

“Oh, believe me, sweetie, we took it easy. Next time, we’ll be crushing you.” he replied and laughed. “So I’ve got something for you.” He said and handed me a letter.

“What’s this?” I asked and took it in my hands.

”Open it.” He requested and I did.

Dear Y/N,

I know this is going to sound weird, but I don’t care.

It comes a time in your life, when you just have to put yourself out there. I think I’m at that time. Y/N, I want to spend the rest of my life with you.

Love, M.

“Matt…” I said shocked over what I’d just read.

“It’s not a proposal.” He said and when I looked at him he was on one knee. “There will come a time in our lives where I’m gonna go down on one knee and ask you to marry me. I know that. But to make sure, nothing ever comes in the way of that time, I would really like to ask for your hand. I would like for your hand to be mine. I’d like for your lips to be mine. I want you all to myself.” He said and then took out a small, beautiful, little ring out of his pocket. “It’s a promise ring. Do you promise me I’ll get to go down on one knee, and ask you to marry me and be mine, later in our lives?” he asked and held the ring in front of him. I felt how everything turned into rainbows and unicorns. I was happy.

“I promise.” I said and smiled while I felt a tear forming in my eye. He stood up, slipped the ring onto my finger and then placed his free hands on my cheeks. He kissed my lips gently, before embracing me in a tight hug.

“I love you.” He said and in that moment, I realized how much I actually loved him. I realized how all of this had been worth it. I’d gone through so much with him. Good things and bad things. And I realized how much I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this kid and his family. I want to fall asleep next to him every night and wake up next to him every morning. I want him to watch me when I need to concentrate. I want him to place soft little kisses on my neck when I’m making us food. I want to fall in love with him over and over again. I’m head over heels in love with him. And nothing will ever change that.

“I love you too.” I said and buried my face in his shoulder. I was finally safe. I was safe in his arms and I could finally breathe.

A/N: Thank you again guys.