Chapter 16

"Do you miss him?" the therapist asked with a soft voice.

"Every second of every hour of every day." I heard Matt's voice say. He was sitting next to me in the couch. The therapist wrote something down in her notebook and continued.

"It comes a time, where you just have to let go."

"I'm not letting go of him." Matt argued. I squeezed his hand to make him calm down. He did.

"The meaning of letting go, isn't to forget, Matthew. Your brother will always be with you." She said, still with her calm therapist voice.

"It's a fucked up world." Matt mumbled to himself but she must have heard it.

"Why do say that?" she asked.

"Let's say like this; You can restart a computer and just like that, it's fixed. But when it comes to real living people? You can't just restart a human being and expect it to work again. Life doesn't work that way. That's why it's so messed up." He said, staring out the window.

It had been exactly nine days, seven hours and twelve minutes since Ryan passed away. Matt had asked me to join his therapy sessions because he wouldn't handle being there alone. Since I didn't have much to do in school at the moment, of course I did. I would've come even if there was a lot in school, you know? After his session we grabbed a bite to eat.

"Thank you." He said as we sat down by our table.

"It's just food, we eat it every day Matthew." I said and laughed.

"No... Thank you. You know, for being around." He explained.

"I'm just glad I can help." I said and smiled and took his hand.

While we were eating our food, Matt got a text. He unlocked his phone and read out loud.

"ATL, tomorrow night 8pm! Magcon is back on." he faded out as he read it then he locked the phone and placed it on the table. I looked at him and waited for a respond.

"So...?" I asked since I never got one.

"So, what? There's really nothing to think about. The guys will be fine without me." He said and took a bite of his sandwich.

"I mean... This could be good for you Matt." I started. "You haven't been out since... you know." I said and took his hand.

"Yeah I guess..." he said and burped. Typical Matt. Typical Matt. I laughed.

"Go home and pack, I'll come over and say bye tomorrow." I said and stood up. So did he. He leaned over the table and kissed my cheek.

"You're the best, you know that right?" he said and my cheeks turned red. I let him walk away and there I was. Alone, left with the bill. Crap.

After searching my bag and pockets for money, I finally paid the bill and walked home. This would do Matt good. He needs this, even though I'll miss him like crazy.