Chapter 19

"Shawn... We're best friends." But that didn't stop him because in the next second, he was like an inch away from me. His lips, an inch away from mine. His nose touching mine. Before anything happened, I took a step back and slapped him right over his left cheek.
"I have a BOYFRIEND Shawn!" I said angrily and walked away. I didn't know how to get home, but I sure as hell wasn't going home with him. I remembered he gave me his car keys, so I walked with quick feet to his car, which was parked a bit down on the street. I got inside and drove home. It was dark outside and only a few cars were out. The red lights didn't stop me, I just continued driving. I was so mad at the moment. Luckily, I made it all the way home, alive.
I closed the door behind me and angrily walked over to my bed. I jumped, head first, right down on it.
After lying there for a bit to calm down, I pick up the phone to call Matt.
"Hey Y/N!" he says cheery.
"Hi." I say, less cheery.
"Is something wrong?" he asked more serious. This is when I burst down in tears. I nodded, and even though he couldn't see me, he still replied.
"What happened? Are you hurt?" he asked and I could hear the worry in his voice.
"No. No, I'm just so mad." I said with tears coming down my cheeks.
"Why? What's going on Y/N?" I told him the whole story, and even though I couldn't see him, I understood he was furious.
After having Matt shouting in the phone about how immature and childish it was of Shawn to try and steal his girlfriend (which by the way sounds good. Matt's girlfriend. I like that), he calmed down and we just stopped talking. Listening to each other fall asleep. Which we did.
I woke up the next morning with the phone on my cheek. I remembered hearing Matt snore at the other end last night, which brought a smile to my face. I sat up and walked over to the bathroom. On my way there, I picked up the mail from the floor. Newsletters, bills, a letter, commercials, a new... Wait. A letter! I smiled to myself as I saw Matt's handwriting on the front of it.
Dear Y/N,
I'm not the only one who needs Magcon.
- M (ps. look in the envelope again.)

"What?" I whispered to myself and searched the envelope. Something fell down on the ground, so I bend down to pick it up. It was a small, rectangular piece of paper and as I turned it so I could see the front of it, I saw what it was. A plane ticket. I smiled at the fact that he went through all the trouble, but then I realized how much this costs him. I couldn't be this selfish. I just couldn't. I took up my phone from my back pocket and was about to dial Matt's number when I saw that I had a new voice message. I called my voicemail and listened to the message.
"Hey babe. I know you're about to call me and tell me what a bad idea this is and how much it costs and blablabla but I want you to know that I'm not only doing this for you. I mean, sure you need to get away from there, you need to get away from him, but that's not the only reason. I want you here. I need you here. If I'm going to stay here, it has to be with you, or else I'm coming home." This was followed by a pause. "But in the end, you're the one who makes the final decision. Come here and be with me or I'm coming home and going back into my room again... I'll see you soon Miss Y/L/N." he ended and a long beep was heard. He was one good convincer that Matt kid. I don't want him to come home again, just to go back to his room. I want to be with him. So the answer is pretty clear now. I'm going to Atlanta... But I'll make sure to pay back the money to Matt as soon as I get there of course.