Chapter 14

It hadn't really sunk in yet. Matt kissed me yesterday.

I sat in front of my mirror. Looking at my eyes and remembering a crying Matt at the Lacrosse field. Looking at my hands and remembering how he held them... so soft and gentle but yet so very strong. Like he didn't want to let go of me, but he couldn't and wouldn't hurt me. Looking at my nose and remembered how the rain had been dripping down on it form his hair. Looking at my ears and remembered the way he talked to me. Like we had known each other forever, like we were best friends... Like he trusted me. Looking at my legs and remembered the way he'd made me weak and shaky. Looking at my waist and remembered the way he'd held his hands around me. The way he'd hugged me. The way he'd made me feel just by touching me. Looking at my mouth and remembered the way he kissed me. I remembered the way he kissed me again. I remembered how I never wanted it to end. But I also remembered how I wanted it to come again, and again, and again.

I took my bag and started walking to school. I wonder how Matt would react around me. Would he ignore me? Would he act like yesterday never happened? Would he kiss me? To be honest, I was kind of nervous. As I walked down the long and dark hallways, I felt a knock on my shoulder. It was Katherine.

"Hey" she said and hooked her arm with mine.

"Hey, what's up with you little Miss Sunshine?" I asked and laughed at the fact that she was smiling like an idiot.

"Guess who has two thumbs and is going on a date with Connor? This girl." She said and pointed with her thumbs towards herself.

"Aw, I'm so happy for you Katherine! I mean, it didn't come as a surprise, but still." I said and gave her a hug.

"What do you mean?" she asked and laughed.

"Oh come on, Cathy! You've had a crush on him since kindergarten and he's had a crush on you since forever. It was about time that chicken asked you out! Plus, you guys already live together so that's like a bonus." I said and opened up my locker. Katherine laughed and leaned up at the locker next to mine.

"So..." she said and looked at me. "What did you and Matt do yesterday?" she asked and I froze. What did she know?

"What?" I asked, and nervously searched my locker for my books.

"Con told me you never waited for him after the game. Figured since Matt was the only one other than Con you know on the Lacrosse team, you were with him. Weren't you?" she asked curiously. I closed my locker and looked down at the ground while started walking to English. "You totally hooked up with him, you dirty little..." Katherine started but I interrupted her.

"I didn't hook up with him Kate!" I hissed. "He might have kissed me... but that's all." I said quietly and remembered his soft kips on mine. Katherine hit me playfully on the arm.

"So... am I gonna get any details?" she asked and I told her the whole story. Well, everything except the whole coma thing. Thought it was for the best if I kept that between the two of us.

I hadn't seen Matt during the entire day. Where was he? As the bell rang and everyone in class started walking out from the classroom, Mrs. White asked me to stay. I did as she told me and was surprised when she handed me an envelope. My name was written on the outside of it, so I opened up and found Matt's messy handwriting on a piece of paper.

Dear Y/N,

Thank you for yesterday. I had a lot of fun.

- M

I smiled at the letter. This was his thing, huh? Letters.