An original love story: *chapter one*

Dear diary,
I'm Alicia James, I'm 18 years old, my bestfriend is Klaus Mikaelson, I have no family since they abandoned me when I was 16. I'm single and human, but I have a huge problem, I'm pregnant. It was one mad and drunk night out with friends just over a month ago, it was my going away party because I was moving to New Orleans to live with Klaus and all the other Mikaelson's, Rebekah and Elijah. I'm close to them too, but me and Klaus just clicked when we met. Elijah says I change him, I make him a nice person. I feel great whenever I notice that for myself. But anyway, back to my unfortunate pregnancy. The father of my child is called jack. He was an old friend that I met a few times and once liked. He claims he loves me, but I don't like him, in fact I now hate him, I don't want attachments to my old life but now... I could never tell him, I'm not sure I'll have to see what Klaus says when I tell him. Oh by the way, if you haven't noticed I like to rant. Anyway, Klaus has just arrived home, until the next time I need to rant, goodbye!

"Hi love" Klaus chirped
"Hi" Alicia replied excitedly and ran up to give him a huge hug. He hugged her back and she felt him smile against her neck, laughing softly at her reaction to his appearance. She suddenly got a bitter taste in her mouth, wide eyes she pulled away from Klaus.
"You okay?" he asked, a worried look on his face. Alicia turned around and bolted straight for the bathroom, just making it in time before vomit escaped from her mouth, burning her throat and going all over.

Klaus stood in the doorway of the bathroom "Are you okay love?"
Wiping her mouth before she spoke she replied "Yeah I'm fine, just not been feeling my best lately."
With a sympathetic look on his face, Klaus helped her to her feet and then carried her into the living room, gently placing her onto the sofa and placing a blanket onto her lap.
"Thanks" she said quietly, glad to have someone taking care of her. He left the room.When was she going to tell him the real reason for vomiting? Not yet, it's not time for all the pressure of pregnancy. He returned two minutes later, startling her when he just appeared in front of her with tea. He had such quiet footsteps.
A smile appeared on her face, Klaus smiled back "here drink this"
"What's in it?" she questioned, something spelt strong and sweet.
"Honey" She grimaced, he knew she wasn't a fan of sweet things. "just to help you sleep a little better, I hear you stirring in the night a lot" that was true, but how had he heard her? Her bedroom was at the other side of the house, and the house was huge.
"come on love, I can tell you're tired."
"Ugh, fine!" she took the drink and too a big gulp, it burned her mouth but her mouth was already nasty from the vomit.
Just then a figure came through the door. "Elijah, you're back early"
"Hello brother, hello Alicia"
"Hi" she replied weakly
"Have you solved our mystery yet?" Klaus asked, a hint of eagerness to his voice.
"Perhaps we should talk later" Elijah responded.
Knowing that was because Alicia was there, she butted in "I'm going to bed"
"No you're not," Klaus replied to me and turned back to Elijah "just tell us brother, it's probably safer for her to know."
Alicia had a confused look on her face, "safer for me to know what?"
"We've got a-" Elijah stopped mid sentence because Alicia had dropped her mug, kicked the blanket off her and ran off down the hall as fast as she could.
Klaus started walking down the hallway after her and mumbled "what is wrong with her?"

-

"I'm okay, I'm fine seriously."
"But you're not" Klaus argued. Alicia ignored him and turned back to Elijah.
"So you were saying there was a problem?"
"Yes" he replied, then turned to Klaus. "Are you sure you want to tell her?"
"Yes"
"Okay then, we have a vampire problem."

-

A laugh escaped Alicia's throat. Vampires? That's ridiculous. Vampires are not real, they can't be!
"What!?" Was all she could say.
"Believe it or not, you're a lot closer to vampires then you think" Klaus said. When I looked at him, his eyes were red where the whites were meant to be and his eyes were bright yellow. Veins were clear and moving under his eyes and fangs were producing from his mouth. Alicia screamed and looked over at elijah, he looked exactly the same apart from his eye colour, his weren't bright yellow like Klaus's.
Terrified Alicia pulled the blankets closer and was holding her breath.
"Don't worry love, we won't hurt you" Klaus said confidently. She had to believe him, he was her best friend after all. She just nodded and their faces went back normal.
"So, how long have you been vampires?" she asked curiously
"1000 years, we are the oldest creatures that roam the earth." Elijah replied.
"We're better known as 'the originals'" Klaus added.
"So you two and Rebekah are all 1000 years old?"
"Yes" they said in unison. "But we do have other brothers, two of them, Kol and Finn. But they're dead." Elijah elaborated.
"Oh," Alicia replied, "I'm sorry for your loss."
"They spent most of their time in coffins." Said Elijah.
"Wha-" she had started, but was yet again cut off by the need to vomit and was yet again running to the bathroom. A minute later Klaus entered. He looked concerned. As Alicia finished cleaning up her mess yet again, Klaus helped her up to her feet and turned her to face him.
"What's going on with you, lis?"
"What do you mean?"
"This is the third time you've vomited in two hours, I know it's not sickness because you'd look worse so what is it?"
she didn't answer, she hated lying, she wouldn't lie, maybe she could get away without saying anything.
"Alicia, what's wrong-?" He was suddenly wide eyed and his gaze moved down to my stomach. I slowly moved towards the door, leaving Klaus wide-eyed in the bathroom as she started running upstairs. All of a sudden, Klaus was there, he just appeared.
"Why didn't you tell me?" a hint of anger in his voice and upset look on his face.
"I was going to, but..."
"How long have you known?"
"Two weeks"
He sighed and then was suddenly hugging her, she held him tightly and breathed him in, feeling guilty for not telling him before.
"What's this about?" asked Elijah, Alicia had forgot he was even there.
"Alicia's pregnant!"Klaus said with a smile.