#87 Sidney Crosby

-One Life & invincible By: Hedley are the inspiration for this one shot! It may be a little sad, I almost cried as the idea came to mind!

Listen to the song ONE LIFE or INVINCIBLE when reading this

your pov

I hate my life. I hate the fact that I never get to leave this hospital unless somebody checks me out of here.finding out I have breast cancer a month ago was the worst day of my life. cancer took away my life and nobody will come and save me from this disease. I wanna be able to go to school and see my friends but most of all I want to go to hockey games and cheer with the rest of the Pens fans. this year was going to be my second year in University and now I may never get to go back.

I was brought back to reality when I saw my nurse; Jane enter! she always kept me company during her free time.

"Why so glum chum?" she asked plopping onto the end of my small bed.

I looked up and laughed, trying to hide my real emotions "why so glum chum!?" I repeated her and laughed again "I'm not sad Jane! I'm just a little bored" I wasn't lying to her because in all honesty one of the biggest reasons I hated staying here was because I would be bored at all times Except when Jane visited me or my family

"Well you don't have to be so bored anymore (y/n)" she smirked I gave her a questioning look "someone's here to see you and take you out for the day"

I jumped up and hugged jane "are you serious? who is it? my brother? sister? who?" I asked smiling from ear to ear.

"You'll see in just a moment go get dressed and in five minutes there will be a knock on your door!" she smiled and walked out.

I moved to the mini cabin that was here , I grabbed out a plain grey tank top and some dark blue skinny jeans that had tiny tares and rips in them. I then grabbed my long Grey jacket and threw it over my arm that was carrying my other clothes. once I was done getting dressed I pulled on my plain white converse and let my hair fall onto my shoulders. There was a knock on the door and I squealed

I opened up and my eyes filled with shock "You're Sidney Crosby!" I exclaimed smiling larger than ever

He laughed his cute laugh that I've heard in millions of interviews. he looked at my attire and smiled causing me to blush.

"You look good (y/n)" he commented causing me to stop and look at him

"How do you know my name?"

"Uhh the nurse told me it" he muttered "ready to go!?"

"Ya sure"

As we we're driving to the destination I didn't know of, i began to question why Sidney came and visited me. he's taking me out, he never does this with the people he visits in hospitals so why now? At first I thought it was because of the day I looked him in the eyes at one of his games. I believed it was true love, I knew it was too good to be true so I tried to forget about it but i never will! Nobody could ever love the girl who has cancer, it's not possible.

"We're here" Sid whispered as he parked the car. I looked outside and saw men in black surrounding an outdoor ice rink. finally! I haven't skated in a month, I used to skate all the time before the cancer appeared.

I got out of the car and Sidney gabbed my hand before proceeding to the ice rink. a man walked up to him and handed him hockey sticks and pucks.

Another man walked over and handed us hockey helmets and gloves.

"Come on the skates are on the bench" Sid exclaimed pulling me towards the bench. I laughed loudly at Sidney's behaviour, he was too cute!

We began skating around and Sidney handed me a stick "one on one?" he asked looking me in the eyes. I swear I was literally melting at this point, I nodded and grabbed a puck from the side and threw it on the ice.