#38 Boone Jenner

Boone Jenner's pov

"Alright Boys! That was a great practice & a lot of effort was shown, keep it up boys!" Coach spoke clamping his hands together "oh and don't forget about the Team dinner Tonight at 7 o'clock sharp. you guys can bring one guest each!"

Coach walked out and I began removing my equipment. Before I could think of someone to bring to the team dinner I heard Johansen who was standing in only a pair of boxers shout from across the locker room

"Boonyyyy why don't Ya bring your lover with Ya! 'Bout time we meet the lucky lady"

The room filled with laughter and I blushed madly before chucking my glove at him. He groaned in pain all while laughing.

"She wouldn't wanna come! & besides I wouldn't wanna scare her off, we've been seeing each other for about 3 months. I gotta give her time" I explained, pulling off my practice jersey.

"Come onnnnnnnn" the team whined in unison. "We wanna meet her" foligno added

"Listen dude, you are crazy about her & it's time she meets your second family" Dubinsky exclaimed

"I was planning on asking her when I found out about the dinner but knowing you guys she will probably get scared and never talk to me again" i remarked

"JUST ASK HER DUUUDEEE!!" Johansen yelled while throwing his hands up in frustration.

I sighed "alright, alright I'll call her now" I grabbed my phone and dialled (y/n)'s number.

Your pov
My phone began to ring and I groaned as I pushed my textbook a side. I hate talking on the phone. I noticed it was Boone calling and my mood flipped from annoyed to excited.

"Hello" I answered as a smile played on my lips

"Hey, (y:n) I was wondering if you're free tonight?"

Should I study or hang out with Boone? Definitely hang out with Boone "Ya I'm free, why what's up?" I asked

"Well I got a team dinner to go to tonight & I was wondering if you'd like to come?" His words came out a little unclear but I understood it all.

This means I would meet his teammates. What if they don't like me, what If I embarrass myself.

I can't say no, can I?. I can't

"Umm sure, what time?" I asked biting on my lip. My nerves were getting the best of me

"7 o'clock, I'll pick you up at six, Ya?" His voice was overshadowed by a lot of cheering, I'm assuming it's his teammates being childish and all

I nodded to myself & replied "see you later Boone"

I applied another coat of Red lipstick just as a knock echoed in my house.

My hands became clammy & I wiped them yet again on my black & gold Mid over the knee length dress. Before returning to answer the door.

There he was. looking amazing in his black suede blazer & dark jeans. His white button up clung to his body perfectly from what I can see.

"Hey" I breathed out barely making eye contact

"You look breathtaking" Boone complemented, causing a tint of rouge to creep onto my cheeks.

"Umm thanks" I smiled "ready to go?"

He extended his hand toward me and so I wiped my hand before taking hold of his. My nerves weren't decreasing & my mind wasn't clearing.

I knew his teammates & wives/girlfriends won't like me. I'm not classy independent girl. I'm a girl who drinks 5 cups of coffee in 5 hours just to stay awake to study, I'm not good with people & I never was.

"Hey, is everything alright?" Boone asked as he took his eyes off the road to glance at me worriedly

"I don't know I'm just alittle nervous & shy, I mean they might not like me & this could change everything between us" I sighed before shaking my head "you know what forget I said anything I'm overreacting" I lied to not only him but myself

"You have every right to be nervous (y/n), but you shouldn't be, the guys are just as immature & laid back as I am, even coach is pretty calm & if you mean a lot to me then you mean a lot to them" he explained as he looked for a parking spot.

"I know but I'm shy & not very talkative, plus -"

"Shh... Don't worry talk to the guys just like you talk to me, stay relaxed and around me the whole time babe. I'm going to be right next to you the whole night!" Boone added gripping your hand in his own.

I smiled and unbuckled my seatbelt before leaning over and planting a passionate kiss to his soft lips.

"Im here for you (y/n), don't forget that"

"I won't" I smiled at Boone and to myself as I realized my nerves were calmed & that I had the best support system anyone could ask for!
xxxxx
Enjoy @peanutkbs

Ayooooo! Thnx for the support xox

Check out my new story! It's a taylor hall FF titled: (In love with my Coach). Hope you guys enjoy it & enjoyed this oneshot! Vote & Comment requests!
@whosyourdoughty8❄️
Ps-Chocolate Rocks🍫🍫