#20 chris Kreider

song:Perfect by Hedley

Chris' pov

-------------

"You messed up big time man" my teammate And close friend Ryan exclaimed re-reading the text I sent to my now ex girlfriend (y/n).

"I know I know! but how else was I suppose to break up with her? I love her and she's too good for me I can't be with her knowing I don't deserve her" I sighed in frustration as I began to button up my dress shirt, practice was over an hour ago but I was still here with Ryan mopping around.

"Shit! She replied" McDonagh tossed me my phone and I threw it back to him

"What does it say? i can't have my phone right now I'll end up texting her; asking her to forgive me" I explained

Ryan began to read out the message "wow! never thought I would ever get a break up text from you let alone break up with you but if that's how you feel I can't change your mind but I just want you to know that I learned a lot from you and I'll always love you chris! anyways when you have time you should come pick up your stuff I'll get them ready it was nice knowing ya bye xoxo"

I looked at Ryan with shock "she loves me! dude she loves me (y/n) loves me" I grinned

"Well too bad you let her go" McDonagh retorted

I groaned as my memory re-jogged itself, he's right she's no longer mine! But I can make her mine again!

"i need your help man! clear your schedule for tonight! please" I begged

"Fine! only because I have nothing to do" Ryan sighed "so what did you have in mind lover-boy?"

I chuckled "a late night picnic" I smiled

"Where?" he asked

"Oh ya I need a place! wow I'm stupid uh- here! the arena would be great we did meet here" I grinned remembering that exact day

"Snap out of it Chris!" Ryan shouted gaining my attention that was lost in a thought "you guys can have it in the stands and I can play a movie on the jumbo-tron, letters to Juliet is a good one"

I gave Ryan a look and he blushed "what? I'm a sucker for rom-coms"

I just Laughed before finishing getting dressed.

"Dude! you can't wear that!" my best friend exclaimed "I'll get you a team t-shirt and sweats get out of your suit"

"You gotta good point! thanks bud" I replied taking off my grey pin striped suit.

After I changed into the clothes Ryan got me I hopped into my car and began to drive to (y/n)'s house. hopefully she's home and not busy, I need to make it up to her before I loose her completely

I exited my car after parking across the street from her home, I could see a light on upstairs indicating that she was home and most likely in her room. I wiped my clammy hands on my Rangers sweats and brushed my hair back before walking onto her porch and knocking on her wooden door.

No reply! just great she probably saw me through her window and decided to ignore me, I can't blame her really! I mean I did send her a break up text

"(y/n) please open up I need to talk to you" I called out but failed miserably because the door didn't open and not a single sound was heard

"I'm such an idiot" I groaned Turing around, burying my face in my hands and letting my back hit against her door.

"Well you are knocking on my door even though I'm not inside so I guess you are an idiot"