📜19

LIANNE

Mary woke me up the moment the doctor came in. She test all my vital signs and put a mark on her checkboard, I think every time she is done checking it. I hear nothing on her while she was checking so I am worrying I might get worse kind of illness.

Until finally, the doctor was done and look at Mary then me. I waited patiently for her to speak and once she did, I can say that I am relieved.

"Well, so far there is nothing harsh things inside of you." she started and I tried to smile but I was so ill to even lift a face muscle.

"I can say that I am relived, slightly. But what do I have?" I ask and she sighed, putting off her glasses and look at me.

"Well, you're vital signs are okay, just that you are so dehydrated from not drinking too much, you are lack of sleep obviously which leads you to have a low rate of blood and you haven't eaten for two days. That all concludes to the dizziness you feel, the faint and a flu." she said and I widen my eyes at her.

"A flu? So that means I have a worst case of fever. Well, not worst but it's close." I said and she nodded.

"A flu is treatable. Just drink a lot of water, take the medicine I will recommend for you, and rest. Your body is stress, I can actually feel it. So yeah, all you need is a week or a two days off from school and you are completely well." She explains and I nodded. "I will give you doctor's note so the school can excuse to any activities you missed." she said and write something before giving Mary a piece of paper.

"Thank you." I replied and she nodded before smiling at me then standing up.

"Well, that's me for today. Get well soon, my love." She said and I nodded again. Mary followed her out of my room and I sighed. Well, there goes my education.

I grab my phone at the bedside table a minute later the doctor was gone and I dial Stacey's phone. She pick up on the fifth ring.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Can you do me a favor?" I asks and I heard some shuffling in the background before answering me.

"Why? What's the matter?" she asks back.

"Well, the doctor was here a moment ago. She told me that I have a flu which leads me to rest for two days or so. And yeah, I need you to gather all my homeworks for me since we take a lot of classes together except Chem and Bio. So yeah." I said and she sighed.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I am. I mean, suffering from high fever is worst but I am fine." I answered.

"Well, I will do that favor and give the book to you the day the school ends. I think I gotta keep doing that until you are fine but no biggie, I got it. I need you to rest, okay."

"Okay, Stace. Well, get off now, the medicine is kicking off and I am feeling that my body needs to be in a complete shut down now."

"Yeah, sure. I need to study for Math, that old shit made us study for his long test tomorrow. Well, get well soon, Li." she said and I hung up. As if on cue, my eyes becomes droopy and next thing I knew, I was asleep.

🖋🖋🖋
I woke up around noon and honestly, that's the most amazing sleep I've ever been to. I still feel dehydrated and when I check my temperature by hand, I swear you can cook hotdogs on them. I decided to call Stacey since it is our dismissal time. I wanna ask her when she will be here but she isn't answering her phone so I dial Niall's number.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Hello, my Irish friend. Where's your girlfriend?" I asked.

"How are you, Li? Heard that you have a flu from Stace but about her I don't know we have practice game today so she tagged along Maria, I think." I heard some cheering in the background and his teammates were hollering his name.