📜27

LIANNE

When I got back home I was immediately sent upstairs to get doll up for my Nana's birthday. I mean mom being mom. She wants everything to be perfect. Just like how she wants me to be.

"Lianne, get downstairs already. Your Nana will be here." she calls as I sighed and obliged. I walk downstairs and saw all her 'perfect' colleagues. "I need you to act good, okay?" she said once I was beside her. Just like I always do, I nodded.

First to arrive was Harry's mom and him. My mom greeted his mom and I did too. Harry greeted my mom also and smiled at me.

"We need to talk later." he whispered when neared me before I even look at him he disappeared.

Suddenly, Nana was here. Just like mom, she is perfect than you can ever imagine. She raised my mom as perfecr as she can. Too bad I wasn't.

"Lianne, my granddaughter." Nana greeted as I smiled and kiss her cheeks.

"Happy Birthday, Nana." I said and she smiled at me.

"You look prettier than ever. Anyways, Cynthia, Eric, thanks for throwing this party." she said and my parents smiled.

"Anything for you, Mama." Mom said as we all walk forward and start the party. Time passed by and we already reveal our gifts for Nana. I was watching the whole scenario in front of me. Full of perfect people. I sighed.

"This party is so boring." I look at the person who talk to me. I smiled.

"Hey, Haz. What's up?" I said and he sighed.

"You know, I am sick with all these people here. They're acting like they're perfect but in real life, they have miserable life. You know what, let's go outside." he said and pull me.

"Haz, I can't. I know you said we will talk but I c--" I was cut off by my grandma.

"Lianne..... Oh, Harry." Nana said as Harry smiled at her respectfully. "You've grown to be such a fine young man. How are you?" she said and he smiled.

"Thanks, Madame. I'm okay, at least I can say that." he said and Nana nodded and smiled while looking at Harry's hands interlocked with mine. I immediately pulled away.

"Don't call me madame, mijo. Just Nana. I mean, I see you grow with Lianne here so it's fine." she said and we both smiled. As she excused herself, Harry drag me with him. Literally drag me with him. Once we were outside he stopped walking and look at me.

"Why did you pulled away? I mean, your Nana knows we are friends." he said and I hummed in response.

"I don't want her to speculate anything." I simply said and he nodded. He sat at our doorstep and sighed.

"Are you still receiving letter from the anonymous stalker you have?" he asks and I sat beside him before answering.

"Yeah, I still do. But no worries it didn't bother me." I said and he nodded.

"Remember that when things get creep---" I cut him off. "When things get creepy or weird I'll tell you. I promise." I said and smiled while looking at him intently.

"Anyways, what are you gonna tell me that it has to wait until now?" I ask and he sighed.

"Well, everyone knows that you're my best friend." he trails and put his arms around me which cause butterflies in my stomach to wake up. "And every tine we have a game you always there to support me. I mean, this is really not necessary because you're my best friend and I know that you always do this but I want you to wear my jersey at the game on Friday." he said and I look at him.