📜28

LIANNE

"Tell me again, why did I get into this?" I ask Stacey on the phone while laying on my bed.

"You did this because you are having a difficult time to choose. I mean, if I am in your position, I would too." she sleepily answered. I sighed and shift to my side.

"I know, Stace. I mean, it's like choosing between my mom and dad." I said and look at the empty space above me.

"Over! But kudos to you still. At least now, you will see who will be there with you the most." she said and I nodded. I forgot that she can see me so I replied an okay and hang up.

I wish I did a right choice.

🖋🖋🖋
Walking in the hallways before makes me calm and think things through before entering my first class but mow all I feel is anxiety. People were gushing and talking bout what happen yesterday and I hate it. So I hid my face in my locker. Enough to lessen the anxiety.

"You know, you don't have to hide, Li." Harry said beside me. I look at him and look at his wound.

"Is that still hurt?" I asks and he look at me and smiled.

"Maybe. Probably. It will be gone a couple of days. But, Li, you could've told me that Chase is asking you to wear his jersey." He said and I rolled my eyes and continue to get my books.

"If I told you, will you allow me to?" I asks and he seem to think for an answer for a moment.

"Maybe. I might have. No. I don't know." He said and I smiled. "But the point is, I'm your best friend. You could've told me about this matter and I'm just protecting you from that douche. You know how much hurt does my sister feel when that dickhead hurt her. I'm just looking out for you." he said and I cupped his face in my hands.

"I know that. But now, you don't have to worry. I will now test if he is serious about this. You too should not be worried." I said and close my locker.

"That's the problem, if you see him being serious about this. You might leave me." he mumbles which I heard so I smiled.

"Can you please stop making unnecessary thoughts, Haz? And I will never leave you." I said and look directly into his eyes.

"Never?" He asks and I smiled.

"Never. Why will I leave you? You're my best friend, right? And best friends will never leave each other. So stop worrying too much." I said and he smiled.

🖋🖋🖋
A couple of minutes before lunch, I look around the classroom and notice a figure at the door. I squint my eyes to see who it is and it's Chase.

"He might be waiting for someone." I whispered and continue to look around. When the bell rings, all of the students rush out to get a good spot in the cafeteria, I guess.

"Hey!" Chase greeted once I step out of the room. I smiled.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asks and he hands me a single rose. I blushed and look down.

"Just giving this pretty rose to a beautiful lady." he said and that makes me blush even more.

"Thanks. Anyways, how was practice?" I asks as he follows me towards the direction if the cafeteria. All of the student who are in the football team were excused at all their subjects because they need to practice. Lucky them.

"It's good." he simply replied and I nodded.

"You two really taking this thing seriously were you?" I asks and he look up and nodded.

"I'm a person who don't want to lose. I know Harry also." he said and I nodded and sighed.

"Just don't take it too much seriously to the point that you two will be distracted at the game." I said and he nodded.