Jiyeon

"Lim Jiyeon, I swear if you're not down here in ten minutes I'm leaving without you!" A screech echoed through every corner of the house. It was the voice of my all too loving step-mother.

And her annoying voice almost made me screw up my eyeliner.

"I'm coming," I yelled back at her.

I completed the last few strokes of the black ink. I look like a queen. Of course, I hyped myself up when looking in the mirror, why not?

Grabbing my things, I rushed down the stairs at full speed. I knew all too well that my step-mother, Karin, would actually leave me behind if I wasn't downstairs. Yet, that time limit didn't stop me from wishing goodbye to my siblings.

I kissed my thirteen-year-old brother, Jisung, on the cheek wishing him a good day. He smiled at me as I scurried over to my other brother, Jaebum. Jaebum was more reserved and didn't appreciate the output of affection I gave him, but I knew deep down inside, he loved me.

I hopped up and kissed his cheek, he immediately flinched away. "Yah! What did I tell you about doing that! I'm a man!"

"You're twenty." I stared at him blankly but he wasn't giving up.

"Still a man."

"You're one year older than me."

"Ah! You're not nineteen yet, now hurry up and get to school before Karin kicks your ass." He shooed me away, so me, being an insolent little kid, stuck my tongue out at him as I left.

He countered that with a middle finger hidden so only I could see.

What a blessing that I was born with such a brother. I closed the door and made my way to the car, and just before the ten-minute deadline.

As I sat in the passenger seat, my grumpy step-mother only stared at me. "What's on your face?"

"Makeup," I replied bluntly. I rushed to get my earbuds out of my pocket before I could receive an insult from the woman.

I was too late. "Wow, you're actually trying for once." She scanned me up and down. "But you could do better."

You could do better- I'd like to see you try. Just as my childish mocking ended, my phone lit up with notifications.

New Shared Contact

Joonie 😎

Add Friend?

Who the hell is this? I had no recognition of befriending someone named Joonie.

Added

Why the hell not. They might be cool.

SNAPCHAT
Joonie 😎 is typing...

SNAPCHAT
From Joonie 😎

Joonie 😎:
Who the fuck is this?

LimJiyeon:
Well damn, I guess that's what my ass gets for being curious.

Joonie 😎:
Wait... Lim Jiyeon?

LimJiyeon:
Why are you saying my name like that?

Joonie 😎:
You're Lim Jaebum's lil sis, right?