Jiyeon

I reclined into my bed after another day at school. It's been two days since what happened between me and Jin. I still let Jin crash at my place of course, but I was still too upset to talk normally with him, and he focused on Namjoon, sparing me a few glances every now and then.

It's Wednesday, Jimin and Yoongi had already agreed to meet up at Jimin's house, Hoseok spent the day at dance practice, and I wanted the day to myself so Taehyung and Jungkook are hanging out at Tae's apartment. Jin and Namjoon are of course together.

And yet, there was something I couldn't get out my mind..

Jungkook liked me? Maybe even loved me? But when? How come I never knew this?

I closed my eyes, ready to be taken back into my memories. I wanted to remember all the important moments I shared with Kookie, so I need to start in the beginning. The very beginning...

Middle Of The School Year
Fourth Grade

I sat impatiently in my seat, eager for class to begin. I haven't made any close friends this school year, but it wouldn't matter in a few months anyway since they'll all forget about me in due time.

The teacher walked in with a large grin on her face. Her name was Mrs Pratt, she was a foreigner and taught English to kids. She was a very kind woman, I could tell she really cared for us like her own children.

"Alright class." She clapped her hands to get our attention. "We have a new student, he's from Busan and he's a year younger than the rest of you." She gestured for the student to come in.

It was a cute small boy with big doe eyes and bunny like teeth. My eyes practically glistened at the sight of him. A friend?

He gazed around the classroom, stopping on me who was excitedly hopping in my seat. "H-hi, I'm Jeon J-Jungkook." He stuttered cutely, staring down at his hands as he fiddled his fingers in a nervous mannerism.

The teacher nudged him forward, signaling for him to go find a seat. He peeked up, nervously scanning the class once again. Students started raising their hands asking for him to be their neighbor. But the second I raised my hand, the frightened bunny came running over.

He plopped down at the window seat in the very back, right next to mine. He didn't even look at me.

"Jungkook?" I smiled at him, he raised his head shyly. "I'm Lim Jiyeon."

Beginning Of The School Year
Fifth Grade

"So how old is your brother?" I kicked my legs back and forth at the swing set of the Han park.

Jungkook was still as shy as ever, but I could tell he was warming up. "He's sixteen."

"Wow, so he's seven years older? Me and my older brother are one year apart, almost two, and I have a younger from who's five right now."

"That's cool." He swung back and for on his swing just as I did.

Jungkook soon stopped when a figure approached the playground. He was also very small and cute, pointing at the slide. "Mommy, can I play?"